Left or Right handed?

• Right handed

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Left handed

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Ambidextrous

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
Andy, What do you do with the last 23 minutes?

Where is the "I'm a klutz with both hands" option?

I am strongly right side dominant---except my vision which is right eye dominant but not strongly so.

This thread reminds of a book by John Steinbeck, called "The Red Pony" (required reading in school). All I remember from the story is that there was a cow hand who always kept one hand in a glove. That was because he used that hand to touch his wife, so he wanted it to be smooth without rough calluses. I guess that would have to be the preferred hand. ;)

i put ambi. dominate with my right. i can write with my left but usually dont, i eat left, throw right, bat either (but only on one team;)), file both

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very interesting! So out of 36 people polled so far, 20 are right handed and 16 are either left handed or ambidextrous. Statistically, it should have been 32 right handed and only 4 lefties & ambi's. I wonder why?

In medievil UK, it was common amongst border reiver clans to leave the left hand out when a baby was christened. That way when he was an adult he could strike blows against other Christians with his left hand that without fear of damnation. Consequently, left handers are very common among border reiver families. It is known as being Kerr-handed, because the Kerrs were almost totally lefties.

Andy, What do you do with the last 23 minutes?

Where is the "I'm a klutz with both hands" option?

I am strongly right side dominant---except my vision which is right eye dominant but not strongly so.

I am hosed Justin!! The gun feels beter on my right shoulder, but I am left eye dominant. Good thing I don't hunt, I just like to blowshitup!!!:lol:

In medievil UK, it was common amongst border reiver clans to leave the left hand out when a baby was christened. That way when he was an adult he could strike blows against other Christians with his left hand that without fear of damnation. Consequently, left handers are very common among border reiver families. It is known as being Kerr-handed, because the Kerrs were almost totally lefties.

it's interesting to also understand to origional meaning for the word "sinister" with regards to how us lefties were percieved in times past in the UK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinister

I can cut with either hand but only juggle chainsaws with two hands to maintain safety.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PbMvxLRdpm0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PbMvxLRdpm0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cute, but not all that dangerous. He has them running at half gas, so the chain is not running at speed.
Really, it is no different from juggling knives, axes or flaming torches, it just makes more noice.

By the way, neither of the above are hard to juggle, once you know how.

Back