Leaking diesel cap

Or you filled it full and it pucked some while going down the road. It's very common with diesel equipment to look like that around the filler cap.

Pretty normal on any diesel chipper i've ever seen. Just a few drops of the stuff will spread significantly...

If you are going to follow Willie's advice, at least it's possible to make diesel fuel that doesn't smell so bad, like they often do in Britain. It's a different aiding ignition ingredient, the part that gives the bad or better smell.

I couldn't believe the smell of french fries that came from Top_Notch / Jeff's cooking oil fueled diesel truck! It made me hungry!!!

Would the LA heat play a part? Does that increase the pressure in the tank? It makes me think of my no spill gas can swelling up like a balloon when it gets left in the sun.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Chipper is brand spanking new. There is a seal that seems to be in perfect condition.

No one would EVER tolerate this on a $1000 used car from 1991. Why would it be acceptable on a brand new chipper?

I called the dealer a week or two. Never heard back. It was the second time I mentioned it. I will contact Morbark directly.

love
nick

Back