The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

Lanyard setup

treesandsurf

Treehouser
Latest lanyard setup. I find I constantly make small adjustments and tweak my gear and so far this is the smoothest I've found for me personally. Threw in a picture of the AFC setup as well, been using that for the last six months or so.

jp:D

Attachments

B

Bounce

I like how you used the captive eye on your ISC swivel biner so you don't need a micro pulley. I'm going to try that myself this weekend.

rangerdanger

TreeHouser
Awesome set-up!!! I wonder how well that ISC Swivel biner would work if you replaced the snap with that. I would think that would be a smooth set up!!

JIML

Treehouser
I don't understand the end that would clip on the right side of the saddle? whats with the beener and second hitch?

Burnham

Woods walker
Jim, it looks to me like a way to keep the tail up out from under foot when the lanyard is in shorter working lengths.

But I don't get the hitch on the biner, either.

SkwerI

Treehouser
I think it's an adjustment setup so the lanyard can be shortened from either end. I suppose it might be handy if you can't reach around to your other side to tighten up your lanyard.

treesandsurf

Treehouser
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like how you used the captive eye on your ISC swivel biner so you don't need a micro pulley. I'm going to try that myself this weekend.
I can't take credit for this idea, I saw it posted a while back. I believe Tom Dunlap posted it originally.

I use the prussik that is clipped to the small red carabiner for two different things. Rather than choking the snap to the lanyard itself and creating a weird bend in the rope, you can adjust the prussik and attach the snap to that instead, and it also makes for easier adjustment when fine-tuning your positioning. Secondly, if you attach a carabiner to that little prussik you have a slightly modified 2-1 lanyard setup. The red carabiner just keeps it from sliding around all over the place.

I'll try to take a pic. Hope that is clear. 8)

jp:D

arborworks1

Treehouser
Looks like the cats meow .

I see one issue with the adjustment on the other end, however. The fact that you have one more point of failure. I am not knocking it at all. Just stating the fact. But if we as an industry stop being inventive and creative then the industry will not progress.

JIML

Treehouser
hmm.. I think I get it. I just use a simple 3 strand 2 in 1 setup. Some people adjust the lanyard alot. Im comfortable close to the tree or a good ways away from it so I don't adjust mine as much.

Not saying there is anything wrong with what you have, I just don't like that much stuff on my saddle. Lanyard, sissy rope, handsaw, saw lanyard. All I need. :D oh and a chainsaw too!

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!