Lanyard Innovations

I think it’ll work great. My setup seems like a waste of a swivel but I like it, and still got a couple Rooks for the bridges. I got more lanyard adjustment options than I really need, but thought this was interesting, and while a hitch on a lanyard will live a lot longer than a hitch ina climbing system, it’s cool to know it’s gonna be ~3$ to change the cord.
One of the (many) attractions of the HitchHiker too. Can try out all the cords without spending 30$+ to find out I don’t like a certain one. Knotted ends are fine too of course if one doesn’t mind the bulk of it all, but I always liked true eye splices.

Eye spliced hitch cords are nice in some ways, but suck more in others, to my mind.

The prime advantage of spliced eye hitch cords is the compact finish. It may well be the only advantage over knotted eyes.

Knotted eyes, on the other hand, have many advantages. They are much cheaper, are easy to adjust to the climbers specific length, and allow use with uniform friction and hand right up to the tied eye whereas a spliced eye has a significant length that is impacted by the bury and will not function at all like the parent cordage. Thus, it is impossible to achieve a really short hitch...and that is most decidedly a goal one should pursue.

What's your take on sewn-eye hitch cords? They should preserve the functionality of the parent cordage right up to the eye, and allow for very short hitches...

(Admission: I have never purchased or used a sewn-eye hitch cord; just personal preference...)

Seems like they would be better in the one thing you mention, over a spliced eye. I'm sure they are safe. I've used one loaned to me for a few days, but like you, I never have purchased any.

It worked fine, but was a little long for my taste, and there was nothing to be done about it :).

I agree entirely with Burnham's post. A few years ago we got some Armor Prus cord from NZ the guy who brought it to the UK splice up 6 for me. I gave then away, as the bury made the bottom 2 inches defunct.

The sewn eyes on the other hand act like a hitch cord as there is no bury but the eyes keeps it nice and compact. Got to get the correct length though.

Been using Gecko Toes extension cord storage thing for stowing my long lanyard. I didn’t think I’d like the loops hanging around me, but besides the weight of the rope I don’t even notice it’s there. Cut it in half, probably could’ve cut it into 3 pieces.
3FC171C8-8BD1-4EE7-8ED0-F62B7A0B59D3.jpeg CC428F8D-7E86-4D0E-9B86-0DFC6A8A49DC.jpeg

Reactions: DMc
Looks like they also make one for airhose. Presumably that's between electric and water in size.

I agree entirely with Burnham's post. A few years ago we got some Armor Prus cord from NZ the guy who brought it to the UK splice up 6 for me. I gave then away, as the bury made the bottom 2 inches defunct.

The sewn eyes on the other hand act like a hitch cord as there is no bury but the eyes keeps it nice and compact. Got to get the correct length though.

Was that Hadleigh?

No mate it was Drew Bristow. He brought a full reel of AP for me and Bolam and pre spliced the eye to eyes for me.

I imported a reel from New Zealand with a mate and learnt to do the whipping as Hadleigh spliced it. We did loads and he kept half. Cost a fair bit to import it as I recall then the week after we got it, Honeys started selling it on the website🤦‍♂️

Back