Ladder hook

Paul B

I dig hammocks.
I was at Home Depot today getting some new batteries for my cordless tools and noticed a giant carabiner, $6. Just an FYI. Rated to 150lbs it said on the packaging.

Attachments

• Photo_010109_001.jpg
    Photo_010109_001.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 7
Super groovy!
party.gif

Now whut do I do with it? :|:

:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was thinking back to other threads where people were looking for really big carabiners or whatever to attach saws to lanyards and such.

I have one on my belt, Paul...it works fine for me. I don't climb all the time like some of these folks but it's good for me.

I usually let the saw hang from a lanyard, about 6 feet...but when I need it close repeatedly (or I am going thru thick stuff) I snap it into the big biner.

I'll get a picture of it soon.

I use a paddle biner, it's big, strong as hell and has a bent gate so you can just push the saw lanyard ring right into it.

Here ya go, Paul...I usually just snap the saw handle into the biner.

Attachments

• IMG_8350 (2).JPG
    IMG_8350 (2).JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8351 (2).JPG
    IMG_8351 (2).JPG
    359.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8352 (2).JPG
    IMG_8352 (2).JPG
    437.9 KB · Views: 5
One of his many adventures....
<embed id="VideoPlayback" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=8903789416120180719&hl=en&fs=true" style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>

He started out as a test dummy for a Boy Scout mini-zip line at Scout camp one summer...then he insisted on going to Katrina...a real gomer.

I got one of those big carabiners from Home Depot too, but it broke one the first day of use. The stupid gate hinge is weak and came apart. Luckily I didn't lose my saw or else I'd have been mad.

Back