Kyles redneck builds/ ideas

I was just thinking you could have fun painting it, but I wasn't sure how. Clearly it needs to be a pirate ship!

What about stabilizer legs?

I have a piece of pipe welded to the rear, inside corner of the frame which has one while across the pipe, sleeving an inner pipe that has a foot, and lots of pairs of holes through the leg, allowing a hitch pin and cotter key to lock it, at various tray heights, counterpressured by the tongue jack.

Necessary for machine feeding without the truck. Safer for heavy hand feeding.

Did you see my comment in the other thread about running your CnD at the right speed for your work, not full blast, like hydraulic chippers must?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm doing 3 stabilizers on it, so I'll be able to pull on it sideways and use it unhitched to load logs in the bed of the truck. 2 will go to the masthead, and one will go off the side of the frame opposite the mast. That should be enough for me to be able to level the mast, so it won't swing on it's own.

Lol that popped up on my feed last night and i watched it! Got the gooseneck all done, so it finally takes shape, a stiffleg derrick. The boom swings around beautifully, so i now have to do the fittings needed to rig it. It's coming along, which is all i can hope for working on it sporadically.

20211003_161431.jpg 20211003_161448.jpg 20211003_161613.jpg

Ok. I see it, but I'm still worried by the mast's hight. I'd make it foldable toward the front to be more compact, maybe at the level of the horizontal pipes.
How long is your boom ? It's hard to tell by the pics.

The boom is 10 or 11 foot, the mast is maybe 10 foot. No drive thrus, but around here that's fine. When i do my chip box, I'm planning on it being that high too.

My chip truck is 10'6", fits under pretty much everything

The height is a good thing when you are using it, the higher the rigging point the more it lifts the limb. Will also be useful loading the truck. Should be operational soon, and then we'll see what works and what doesn't.

I have no doubt about the usefulness. It's just my van makes 8.6 feet with the warning lights on top and I can't even go to the supermarket or the hardware store, due to the stupîd overhead beams as a gate (to avoid the trespassing from the traveling guys). Many are around 7 feet height. I don't even speakl of the underground parkings often at 6' 8" or less. Some properties have an entrance with an small roof or a couple rafters to hold some vines or climbing roses. I have to park outside.

Wow yeah that's not a problem at all here.

I measured it, 11 foot tall from the ground, and the boom is 11 too so i should be good.

Last edited:
Back