ISA St Louis!

Its hard to tell what he looks like with that man with the hat pushing his face into the ground.

image.php

HAHAHA who is this pushing your face into the ground justin?:lol:

Well....it makes the one-eyed frog avatar seem perfectly normal.:D
Yo Justin: You are dissing my ace climber there so watch it, ok?:X

I like going to both isa and tci, why not spend the money --you can't take it with you, and what better than a time and place to hang with lots of tree folk and vendors and :big-jump::surprise:?

I'm a program geek--all day wednesday i will be taking notes on the AREA academic talks, and their relevance to our work. So I won't be drinkin much tuesday night. :cry:

Guy, You do realize that I am merely teasing Chip don't you?
Chip seems to be an exceptionally nice fellow and I wouldn't want anyone to think I actually mean any of this stuff.
That Treelooker dude on the other hand ...:P

He's a touchy 'lil fella...
Touchy? Whaddya mean, ya beardy weirdy? I'll bet you still climb wit da tlh! hahahahahahhahaha!

Nah, i'm a mellow fellow...8)

I just heard I'm the moderator for the tuesday pruning session--what kind of crazy crap should I say about coder? or meilleur?

Espouse the benefits of Fracture and Coronet Pruning. They'll be begging you to hit the UK lecture circuit, lol.

Beardy weirdy? Again I lol.

Espouse the benefits of Fracture and Coronet Pruning. They'll be begging you to hit the UK lecture circuit, lol.
That's a good one! It'll be a hot day in Helsinki when I do that!:lol:

Actually, my indoor talk has some Veteranization stuff from the UK, and will mention that there is no evidence that intentional extra wounding to make more decay and habitat for bugs and crud has any benefit for the tree.:X

It's amazing that they do that, and what's even more amazing is the pride they take in doing it.

WTF? :what:

my theory: ecologists have taken control of ancient tree care from arborists in the uk. same deal in australia.

Probably won't make it this year, things are kinda crazy around here right now.

my theory: ecologists have taken control of ancient tree care from arborists in the uk. same deal in australia.

Ha!! Yeah, it seems that way. I went to a seminar at the Biltmore Estate, and the overlaying message was pretty much, "Decay good because it promotes biodiversity. So, if you have a big hollow tree, make it smaller and leave it."

Ha!! Yeah, it seems that way. I went to a seminar at the Biltmore Estate, and the overlaying message was pretty much, "Decay good because it promotes biodiversity. So, if you have a big hollow tree, make it smaller and leave it."
well generally i agree with the second sentence, but not the first. you may remember I asked neville that at the end, but it never got resolved. later philip blew it aside, mocking the idea that i think trees look better with no dead limbs in them.

silly me. :|:

I would love to visit the Biltmore Estate!

sitting in the airport ready to leave. flight delayed 1 hour due to tornadoes in the area, bunch of wuss pilots! :)

I hope you all have a great time and send back some pictures!

Every year I feel bad about not going to one or the other of these events but... I do enough as it is.
So tip one for me

Back