Instagram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow, imagine bringing in all that wood!

That guy jumping into the snow...I hope he knows there is nothing under it but smooth ground :).

And the tree climber...looks like a white pine, pitchy as hell...bet he came away with sticky feet :D.

Interesting the drum's rupture in two times.

I did almost the same thing with my brother, following the proposal of our father (!).
That was our time of blowing little things with fire crackers. Funny experiments, even if we stayed with small ones, and this one should have made a nice bang. We took a drum of tar coating for walls, recently emptied on the new foundations. It was smaller than the one in the vid, maybe 10 gallons. My brother held the firecracker in the hole with a firewood tongs (from our fireplace) to keep his fingers out of the way. I had the lighter and should have said to let go at the right moment. But I didn't have the time for anything. As soon as the fuse started, the whole thing went booom. Holy shit.
A scary bang, well over our expectations. The bottom ended embedded in the dirt, the drum's body went air born and came back down in a furry of flames. We didn't saw the departure of the top nor its flight, but we found it later about 60 feet away.
As a chemist, my father should have known better. That was a very very close call for both of us and I bet that our father didn't slept much the next night.
To explain it, this coating tar wasn't a water emulsion like most of the products today, but it was solvent based. Actually, the firecracker itself did nothing. The sparkles of the fuse ignited the solvent's vapor in the drum and booom. Then the remnant of tar ignited and made the nice flare afterward.:onfire:

Last edited:
That's awesome!

Saw one the other day of a couple at an outside table dining. Dude comes up and points gun at the hubby. Hubby gets up, starts handing him the wallet yet trying to reach his own gun unsuccessfully. Wifey falls back, pulls her firearm and shoots at the dude while he is trying to prevent hubby from getting his side arm. Then hubby pulls away now holding thiefs gun. And proceeds to shoot him with it. Then is now a gun in each hand making sure accoster ids retreating. Is was awesome.

Back