Insect and bites

Jose, a leather cambium saver, or a ring-and-ring friction saver? Did it not retrieve when you pulled your climbing rope, or something?

Don't drop logs on life support items, including your climbing and rigging lines. I frequently climb with a rope bag. A bit heavier and clunkier for me, but so much less tangling of ropes and/ or rope management by the groundie.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Installing on a pine with top heavy branches is not the same as doing a single branch on a tree that is not a job.

You would do better to put more effort into your information seeking post, Jose.

Punctuation and Spell-check would make them easier to understand.

Many of your posts seem like they are in code, requiring a lot of effort to be read and understood.

You move the chair, the stump was the correctt level.

as an example...what does this mean. When you post a reply, anything underlined needs to have spelling correction. Just right click on the underlined word (in this example, "correctt" becomes underlined in red when you type a reply. The top option is often the right one.

Writing your posts in Microsoft Word, with spell-check and grammar check, then cutting and pasting into the Quick Reply box would do wonders?

Are you using Voice to Text on a mobile device, or something?

It means they did not understand your post...."Installing on a pine with top heavy branches is not the same as doing a single branch on a tree that is not a job."

They were saying to never let life support items be subjected to forces that might compromise the safety of the equipment...for example pulling a spar with your climbing rope left at the top of the spar when you rappelled down could cause the spar to fall on the life line...not good. Don't let any branches fall on your life support gear.

Sometimes it is like watching a poorly voice dubbed movie..
But I can often cypher it... I just prefer not to.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x5n_wpSTaPI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IF people don't understand what you are trying to say...they will head off onto random jibber jabber until we get back on topic!

Take the time to phrase your questions and replies more clearly, then you'll get constructive feedback :)

I was saying, that the video example, did not work in real live when the tree have multiple branches, there was a video on how to install a rope saver. But it was done on a single branch, the method do not work well.

Ok...indeed!

When you fire up your throwline and it comes back down having threaded its way through several branches, in order to install a rope saver/friction saver you have to isolate the line around one branch with a clear drop on both sides.
You can do this by pulling the bag back up and wiggling it, dropping it back down on the clear side of the branches...it's not easy sometimes, little twigs can hold the line just enough to stop the bag coming back down in the spot you want it.
It takes time and practice to isolate one branch to get a saver up and over it from the ground. Sometimes you have to tie another bag on the other side of the line and pull that side up and over obstacles...look at where your throwline has gone and try to figure out what it will take to get it where you want it.

There have been time where I just could not isolate one branch, and I had to just get one with the job and climb up to my TIP old school. Alternate lanyard and climb line, throwing each one ahead for a few feet, clip in, climb up, repeat.

Do you have a Big Shot yet? Getting one of those was a big step up for me to hit my ideal TIP within a few goes. Also regardless of if you hand throw or Big Shot, after you release it sometimes you have to grab the throwline to make sure it doesn't go too far past or above your TIP target and get tangled in too many more branches on the other side.

IF people don't understand what you are trying to say...they will head off onto random jibber jabber until we get back on topic!

Take the time to phrase your questions and replies more clearly, then you'll get constructive feedback :)

Ok, back on topic....LOOK SQUIRREL!!!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rRqKYXcL-2U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry, I just had to, yes, +1 on what Bermy said! :thumbup:

There's a throwline techniques thread somewhere.....

I did climb with the line on tow, it work, I am working on getting a 20' rope with two eyes, one standard and one 5" splice, also a rope grab. That will help me in both situation, climbing to set the saver or moving around, is more like a backup for the safety line. I will appreciate suggestions on both the line brand and tipe, and the rope grab.

Back