Indoor Rock climbing

• Thread starter Greenhorn
  • Start date
  • Replies 61
  • Views 7K
I was
chain.gif

the chains that bind.................climbing. Sufferring in this one,.....cold as a brass bra on a witches left tit:D

Ahh, I took the hook.

Wish I could climb bivy but honestly, I don't have the hand strength.

Hang glide ;)

How can you be a tree climber and not have hand strength?

oldest dude I ever guided rockclimbing was 78, did fine. We climbed a few pitches and the he said he wanted to sit and take it all in.......props to that old man, first and last time climbing he said.

I said my piece. No, there was nothing wrong with it but I try to keep less and less personal stuff on the web.

;)

As a reward for good behavior I am taking my eldest son indoor climbing at my local wall, it's been a while since I last visited, the place has a fair few Muppets and it smells like a skaters knee pad.

That's cool as all get out.

I went once after a few guiness and needless to say I was the sweatiest there.

Super hand strentgh for little bouldering. Super fun. Find all sorts of muscles.

Mentoring a friend of mines kid....his senior high school project is learning to climb. Wish I had that option in high school

image.jpg

Why I don't climb indoors.....except in my basement

Nice training wall, NB.

Indoor climbing is an easy way to become a better climber. This will translate to trees. Its by no means the same as rock, but in its own right, it can be fun, as well as good training, and skill building, which translate to trees.

Great pics looked like a beautiful day to climb, I haven't done any rock climbing in years makes me wanna get out there. Nice set up in your basement good for a workout for sure.

I get bored quick on a woody.....I more enjoy leading with a spicy runout

Woody is indoor climbing, and agreed, mainly boring.

A Spicy Runout is a long potential lead fall. In rock climbing, when going 'on lead', it means the first climber starts at the ground, climbs up, and installs/ clips an anchor for the rope, after which s/he climbs above the anchor point. If you are 100' up, and have climbed 20' over your last piece of gear, you could be looking at a 60' fall potential, due to slack in the rope, climbing over the anchor point, and stretch in the rope to absorb energy. Farthest I've gone for a ride was about 30'-40', almost a groundfall, after blowing a third anchor bolt clip with extra 'clipping slack' out.

Back