I really hate Vista right now!!

sawinredneck

Treehouser
Now it has decided to secure itself so well I cannot even check my e-mail without giving windows a user name and password, which I have no idea what it wants!!
Yeah, I feel so much better knowing it's so secure I CAN'T EVEN CHECK MY E-MAIL!!!!!
I hope Bill looses his ass in the stock market!

That isn't Vista doing that, your email provider needs a password to access your email and send it to your computer. You need a password regardless of whether you're using Windows, Linux or any other OS.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No, it's a new security update from windows!! My e-mail had worked FINE for a year as it was!!!
Vista installed this wonderful new security update and I get "Windows needs a user name and password to log into this site" screen now!!
It's Vista baby, all the time!

laughingyoga1.gif

I like this idea better right now!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EPrYulad8W4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EPrYulad8W4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sorry Andy, but I have Vista with all the updates and I have no clue what you're talking about. Have you tried using your password for your ISP account? Or your Vista user password? Or just hit the 'enter' key without typing anything in?

Sorry Andy, but I have Vista with all the updates and I have no clue what you're talking about. Have you tried using your password for your ISP account? Or your Vista user password? Or just hit the 'enter' key without typing anything in?

I have been typing in EVERYTHING!! Used my computer id, my email account id, everything!!! I can still log in with web mail through my isp, but outlook is useless now.

Are you logged into your computer as an admin? I disabled all the alternate user IDs on my computer since I am not worried about anybody else using it. I hate having my computer 'protect' different parts of my computer from me.

RD, you're not helping right now. Go bother somebody else for a few minutes please. :what:

Yes, admin, and the only user. I even tuned off the SID tonight trying to get around it!!

I have no idea, since I've never seen the password screen you're talking about. Have you tried searching for the problem on google? Try with a few keywords and see if you can find something that matches the problem you're having. I don't know other than that.
:?

I've googled to no avail. Chargeing my phone right now, I am going to call tech support. I wish I knew how to do a print screen, but I can't figure that out either!

Did you try no password. Not even a space bar.

Not an option!!! If I close it I get the error that invalid password was used!
I type in what I think it wants, same thing, I type in what I have my computer user set as, invalid password. I type in my e-mail account and password, invalid.

Andy, to copy the screen just hit the 'PrtScn' button near the top right of your keyboard.

Then open up Paint, right-click and hit 'paste'.

From the Paint top toolbar, hit 'file' then 'save as'. In the dialog box that opens, name the file and choose a location to save it. Paint now saves images as .jpg by default (no more .bmp, thank God).

Would the microsoft website be of any help. The evil Mr. Gates might not want you to be having trouble with his OS that he spent all sorts of time and money creating. BYW it said on the news on the way home from my bid that he has lost 4 billion dollars in the last week, and that Warren Buffett passed him up.

Andy, to copy the screen just hit the 'PrtScn' button near the top right of your keyboard.

Then open up Paint, right-click and hit 'paste'.

From the Paint top toolbar, hit 'file' then 'save as'. In the dialog box that opens, name the file and choose a location to save it. Paint now saves images as .jpg by default (no more .bmp, thank God).

Yeah, the laptop thing!! I hit "prtsc" and nothing, I hit shift and the key, nothing, I hit alt and that key, nothing. A right click in paint doesn't happen!!!
My world isn't very happy today!

Nothing visible happens when you hit the prtsc key, it just copies the screen.

Open Paint and then from the top toolbar click 'edit' then 'paste' (or use Butch's method).

Almost every operation in Windows has 2-3 different ways of getting there. ;)

Open up paint first, then minimize it... hit the prtscrn button, then switch back to paint and press "CTRL"+"V". The screenshot should then paste itself in. (When you hit prtscrn, there's no indication it copied the screen.)

Thank you Eric!! That worked!!!!!

Attachments

• vista sucks!.jpg
    vista sucks!.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 2
That's your ISP password, not Vista.
Your username will be the first half of your email address (andyjreed) and the password will be the password you set up with Cox.

Their POP server may be down tonight also, it might not be on your end.

Back