I really hate Vista right now!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's your ISP password, not Vista.
Your username will be the first half of your email address (andyjreed) and the password will be the password you set up with Cox.

Their POP server may be down tonight also, it might not be on your end.

Do you always have to be so f'ing smart?

Yeah, I'm a 'tard, the ISP e-mail client took a dump. Normaly they have it fixed in an hour or so. No love tonight. Tech support wasnt so cheerful:lol:

You were not, thank you for you're paitence and help VERY MUCH!!!!

Now to tend to the real pain in my ass!!!!:cry:

Paint sometimes clears the clipboard when it starts, so you end up starting it first before you try to do a screen shot.

Don't thank me.... thank Skwerl. I just jumped in, he's been trying to help for awhile.
'

Don't we owe uncle bill an apology now?

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...............................................

NO!!!!!!! He is still sitting on billions!!

Yes Erick, Brian has been most helpful, you just explained it in a way I could implement!

When you try to paste in paint, doing the right click option, you gotta be in one of the select tools (top two buttons on the left pannel). Otherwise you can ctrl v or go up to edit.

That is right, make sure in Paint you are in the select mode with the dotted box highlighted in the tool panel, then paste. Also, altPrt-Scr combination will just copy the focussed panel, not the whole screen.

Windows was built with the Admin and User tiers for a few reasons. A) if you screw up in regular daily mode, you then still have a back door to get into the system by in many cases and B)If you are running in an account with full admin privileges, any malware taken on at that time has same privileges. But, if you are in a 'lessor' mode and just have 'daily' privileges, any malware taken on is then usually limited to that access. Except with a root kit. But with more regular stuff, if malware is in user privileges and id, you can get around the back side of it with the fuller admin account many times.

Back