I need your honest opinion on a Ford F-550

That would make a nice, compact chip truck. Lotta miles, dont take it off road. I had an Issuzu NPR (same sorta truck) and loved it

If it was anything else, the mileage would worry me... but those things don't seem to mind it at all.

:thumbup:

Fuso and Isuzu's are great trucks. Mine is a little underspecd gvw wise, but it doesn't really seem to care about that either.

Great trucks drove a mini pac trash truck, identical cab ect love the turning and cap. of weight. getting in and out takes some err learning curve;)

I got my 1999 Mitsubishi Fuso with 70,000 miles on it for $14,000. Its been a great vehicle for me. I love the turn radius. I live in a flat area so I don't have to do a lot of hill climbing so I can't vouch for it on pulling loads uphill. Driving it here empty from California after it had sat for over a year in impound yard in Oakland was fun, it ran like a champ. Mine is a stick shift so I cannot speak to the automatic transmissions other than to say the older trucks had an outside maker for the transmissions. After 2002 they made transmissions that were exclusively for Fusos and I hear they are bomb proof.

I had one when I first started. I loved that truck. Just keep it on the pavement... the radiator on mine was just inches off the ground and let's just say that it is easy to F up. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well i scheduled an appointment for the truck to go in friday at 10:30 down at a truck shop to get it looked over. If everything checks out fine, ill be owning a new truck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well i went down today and looked at the truck. It started right up when it was around 25 out side. We drove it down to get it looked at around an hour away and it drove great. When we had it looked at it didnt turn out so great. It needed a brake job on 3 out of the 4 brakes on the truck. It also needed the lines from the radiator to the engine replaced since they were leaking and they were steal. I also found out that parts are impossible to find. They said the breaks would be around $1650ish to replace, and the lines would be a few hundred dollars. It also had a few rust spots that needed attention. I didnt really think that i could but the truck and make too much money off of it or really break even for what i would have in it so i passed on the truck.

I think i will wait till january when companys need money and ill pick up a truck then.

I didn't find that F550 for Paul, he called me about it after he found it. I just went to check it out for him and I liked the one sitting next to it better than the one he originally picked.

I'll do the same for you or anybody else. If you see something you like and it's within a hundred miles, I'll be happy to go look at it for you and give you my best uneducated guess.

Back