Flying 201t! parts needed

TINYHULK

Treehouser
So this happened on Monday. I was in the bucket truck and the new chainsaw scabbard I made wasn’t holding very tight. The scabbard and saw flipped out the bucket. Broke the handle assembly and the chain brake handle. Luckily I have a spare 201t that is down for cylinder work I haven’t got to yet so I was able to take the parts off those. Does anyone have some spare parts I could acquire from them? Name your price

Attachments

• 0447C453-A4FB-4A69-BB3E-D290769A9A0D.jpeg
    0447C453-A4FB-4A69-BB3E-D290769A9A0D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • C999E05F-E378-49B2-9218-39D02BB4300A.jpeg
    C999E05F-E378-49B2-9218-39D02BB4300A.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
  • CF6426BF-1B94-4D87-ADFE-B8F9CC3F32E8.jpeg
    CF6426BF-1B94-4D87-ADFE-B8F9CC3F32E8.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 9
What specifically are you missing? I just replaced a broken 201T handle 2 weeks ago so I'm familiar with what's there. The plastic replacement handle is only $25, you just have to swap everything over.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn’t look into the prices. I think all the internal parts are good except maybe a spring for the safety trigger on the back. But I think it’s just the plastic handle and the chain brake handle. If someone doesn’t show up with spare parts soon I’ll have to order them

I do use a lanyard. I was piecing out a leader that was over a house. I got under it with the bucket and cut a 3ft piece of it so it would lay over top of the bucket. Swing it out from over the house, unclip lanyard cause it is laying over top of the piece, then throw it in safe landing zone, reclip lanyard and repeat. Done it thousands of times but this new bucket scabbard was loose only on the right side of the bucket. I didn’t realize that since it was my first time using it. My arm barely touched the motor head and the saw with scabbard rolled right off the edge of the bucket.

All good mate, I would recommend just getting original parts from your local stihl dealer, wont be dear, and the plastic will fit and last, unlike chinga copies of stuff, dont want it warping and pinching you when using it.

I've never used or seen someone use a chainsaw lanyard in a bucket truck.

Lol 🤣 you’re going to sell me on some husqvarna aren’t you?! Imma have to get one eventually just for you 😊 what do you like about the 435t over the 201t? It’s definitely cheaper

Truth be told, I’ve never run a 201 so I can’t compare. I am very happy with the 435T though and it’s priced well. If I was using it every day though, I’d probably go with the 535T.

The 395xp is an awesome saw from Husqy though. If you are going to have only one from the “other brand”, that’s the one.

That’s the one I’ve given the most thought to. I’ve heard where ported it can pull a 60in bar. My 500i is out getting ported now and can easily run a 36in bar so it’s one of those I would love to have it but I don’t really need it. I took down a 7ft diameter pin oak a month ago and didn’t need more than my 36in bars. I also have a 2511t being ported by huskihl. My current dream saws to add to my list is a 362 ported with full wrap handle and that 395 built for a long bar

Someone else is doing my 500i from ope. I’ve wanted huskihl to do a 2511 for some time now and he should be starting the build in the next week or two. I didn’t even buy the saw, he got the saw brand new and is building it for me. I like the 201’s but they get heavy over time. Especially since I one hand a lot in the bucket truck

But with jacking off I have too hands so repetitive stress injuries are less likely. Don’t really trust myself to one hand a saw with my left hand that much 🤣

Someone else is doing my 500i from ope. I’ve wanted huskihl to do a 2511 for some time now and he should be starting the build in the next week or two. I didn’t even buy the saw, he got the saw brand new and is building it for me. I like the 201’s but they get heavy over time. Especially since I one hand a lot in the bucket truck
I had decent luck with the Stihl MS150T. A couple minor issues but with a little muffler mod they deliver great power with light weight and a sturdy package.

I’ve definitely thought about the 150t. It seems like almost everyone goes with a 2511 when porting a small saw. isn’t there a benefit to having a ported saw that is an adjustable carb over an m-tronic type saw?

That’s mainly what I’m looking for. A lighter saw I can pull through 14-16in wood

A good bar and chain makes an enormous difference.

I have a Stihl bar and chain. Not sure, but would Guess that its the B/C off an MS150.

I've been looking to get a modded 2511t. I have 2 stock 2511t's, currently.

View attachment HT 2511t 20in walnut.mp4

In all seriousness, we are pretty much at the height of technology with how light weight and powerful saws can get (in stock form) while still complying with safety and emissions regulations. The problem with wanting to use modified top handle saws to replace bigger top handles is the risk of overheating and the spinning chain from too fast of an idle caused by high heat, and short run time when cutting big wood. If all you do is trim with a 2511, then it lasts a while, but cut 16" wood, and you may only get a few cuts between refills.

I had it tuned rich in that video. Rich enough to safely make the cut and still quickly drop to idle, but 30 seconds of idling would cool it off to the point of stalling.

Last edited:
Back