I need your honest opinion on a Ford F-550

I'm cool with a 350, tow like a bastard, and under requirements as far as even not needing DOT #'s with my setup.

Sure it can be over weight at times though. :evil:

That truck looks beat, IMO. But I'm crazzzzzzzzzzzy. :)

I wouldn't buy that truck, not even for 12K. There are lots of good trucks out there.

Word.

There is so many good trucks going cheap. I wish I didn't want a house or I'd buy a couple more. :|:

The prices are amazingly cheap compared to 4 years ago when I was searching for mine.

Apples and orangesish, but I bought this truck for $7500 last December. A southern truck that spent one winter in a heated garage in Columbus, OH.

DSC06255.jpg

Nate, just so you're clear on this- it wasn't a price issue in my case. He simply wouldn't give me a firm number. No shit.

That is crappy. You need to offer a price.

If you can't offer a firm price, then get out of my way and give me someone who can help.

For me, dealerships = new cars. Used cars = private seller
New or used, pay with cash.

Precisely- I'm not going to fetch a check for "About" xxx thousand dollars. Gimme a figure, dammit.

My 450 was a PIA, with to many dealer only parts like axle bearings and seals, brake stuff ect. went to a 7.3L 350 always parts in stock.

I have bought everything that I have needed for my 450 from napa for the most part. Some spring bushings were dealer only crap. But I have a huge spring shop about 15 minutes from the house, they can get just about anything aftermarket, or one off it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I went down again and offered 12k cash and the sales man didnt even try and negociate so i left... hes been calling me all week, trying to sell me the truck.

You're perfectly in your right to offer what you think it's worth.

He's perfectly in his right to not accept anything less than what HE thinks it's worth.

Move on.

Well i would like something durable and will last for a while and this truck has already been gone through. In addition the market for used trucks is very slim all around cincinnati.

The reason i would like to have this truck rather than most all other trucks that i have looked at is that i can rely on this truck all winter because it will be my DD, till late next summer.

Why does it have to be around Cinci?

I went 750 miles to get my chip truck, 650 to get my 550, 650 to get my second dump trailer, 550 to get my first dump trailer, 250 to get my mini.

Have deal? Will travel!

haha trust me i would love too, and i have been looking all over on craigs list but it is hard when you are in high school and you have a dad that works alot. On top of that im not 18 so the truck has to be signed off in my dads name, but if i was 18 i would be looking to travel. Heck i would love to fly out west and buy a truck and drive it all the way home!

Back