I Just Deleted...

Funny the similarities between my forum preferences and my business model preferences. A few years ago I realized that I did not want every single person in the world as a customer. I prefer fewer, better customers. I'm down to less than 20 right now. But they are good customers and my business is better than ever.

On a forum, I don't want every swinging dick with a chainsaw asking the same stupid questions every other day. In fact I'm glad none of those type hang here. We have a good, solid core group of less than 100 regulars and a couple hundred not-so-regulars. I'm very comfortable here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's amazing how few numbers we actually have, yet how active those few members are.

TreeHousers are hardcore.

I was thinking that the other day- that we've got the core of "core" people who make this place rock. And I think that in itself is what makes the TH cool. Numbers and endless, nameless member no one knows don't do anything other than to clog a forum and make it seem like you're hanging out at the DMV.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How very true. I just might eliminate the one post members (not the new ones) too. I wanna see how few there really are of us.

We are like the 300!

300.jpg

And AS is the Persians!

(Well maybe not, because the Persians ended up killing the 300, but you get my point....)

I just did a quick check of the member list and I see lots of members with posts that haven't logged in for over a year. Losing the zero posters that haven't been around in a long time isn't affecting anybody though.

Funny the similarities between my forum preferences and my business model preferences. A few years ago I realized that I did not want every single person in the world as a customer. I prefer fewer, better customers. I'm down to less than 20 right now. But they are good customers and my business is better than ever.

On a forum, I don't want every swinging dick with a chainsaw asking the same stupid questions every other day. In fact I'm glad none of those type hang here. We have a good, solid core group of less than 100 regulars and a couple hundred not-so-regulars. I'm very comfortable here.

I couldn't have said it any better. :big-guitar:

Do their posts stay?

I think it's like WWB in that their posts stay, but their avatar disappears, and their post count says "n/a". (Or at least it did...)

Whatever happened to him? Just curious.

MasterBlaster=Where'd you get that embroidered shirt, Frans?

Was wondering if anyone would ask. Thats my new logo. I had two vests made up, 12 Ts, 6 long sleeve, and a bunch of hats.
I like it. An artist drew it up for me, I made changes, and then brought the picture to my sign guy who digitized it, and did the silk screening and embroidery.

As for that '300' remark, well, those guys WERE bisexual, ya know :lol:

I like the "quality not quantity" approach you have given to the Treehouse Butch... and yes, we are Hardcore here...

Best frickin' forum on the internet... bar none. :thumbup:

I belong to forums that cover dirt bikes, fishing, hunting, treework, chainsaws, muscle cars, and 67-72 Chevy/GMC trucks... and this forum is the best!!! PERIOD!!!

Thanks buddy...

Gary

And he can reregister in two minutes. Besides, someone as far back as Joe lost his posts in the forum changes.

You're right. I guess if you're not deleting the prior posts, after 6 months it wouldn't matter.

It's hard to believe how fast time flies by.

I wish we had some Spartans on the ground. Those dudes would be hard arb men!

Back