I finally climbed new school now what?

at least your climbing line........to much goin on , on that one biner. You could always split the tail end to a seperate biner too. I aint trying to be critical......try it, you may likeee:D

i like just one also, try it, you may like it:D

I tried the 'everything on one biner' method and found that the slight side loading on the friction hitch caused it to slightly bind and not release as well. The hitch cord has to relax and open up to release completely, all that other stuff crammed around it can interfere.

I've been running that system for a while now. Haven't had any problems. I was tired of the clanging of 2 biners on the single tie in area, sometimes one biner would turn sideways and load on the gate. Not good.

I had a spliced end on my old climbing line. It got stuck in a crotch once and it pissed me off so I run splice less now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Icicle is where its at tried it just now awesome.
Nic, i prefer to have ultra light weight set up so my laynerd is tied directly in hence i cannot throw it , i may change that as well though.
I was comparing my rig to all my buddies mine felt like it weighed about one quater of me friends.
I hate extra biners and stuff hanging on. I dont even climb with a hand saw anymore.
So my whole set up has just two locking biners plus either two gri gri's or two micro pullyes and two tenex spliced shorties.
No fluff.
Im sticking to the new school methods for a spell, but so far im not seeing any real advantages over the gri gri system.I imagine with time however i could fly more effectively. I guess the main advantage is you can use standerd tree climbing rope for the hitch set ups where as i can only use high end expensive dynamic 9.8 mill or 10 mill rock climbing rope for gri gri. Any other rope and the gri gri is useless ,as it is to stiff.

Back