I Can't Afford A Thousand Bucks, But... {Japan Aid}

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
I can spare twenty five! I'm not big on charities, but I do believe I should do something to help those poor fuggers in Japan. A bunch of people making a bunch of small donations can really make a difference in matters like this, IMO. And the people that can afford to give more, well that's just even better.

I'm not bragging or telling ya'll what to do: I'm just saying what I did.

Japan is up Shit Creek and needs paddles in a bad way. :(

Here's one way to donate. Or, you can text 90999 to the American Red Cross for a $10 donation.

Last edited:
That is great Butch. Who did you donate to? When I make a contribution I would like to be sure that the money gose to use for its intended purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A lotta views, not much of a response - damn. Those poor people need help - BAD. Please try to give something.

I saw a story on niteline the other nite of a US couple coming home, just a few hrs down the road from the destruction, life was normal as usual. No gas station lines, food on the shelves, restaurants not busy w/ plenty of food to eat. Seems like they could take care of themselves by tapping those down the road.

Here in the US, we (Am red cross) sent over $10mill in aid plus all that that has been donated since, yet we have starving kids, people living in the streets, run down housing w/ no heat etc., and lots of men/women out of work and it all gets overlooked. I know a lot of those people could get straight if they wanted to, but sometimes it takes more than desire.

We need to help our own first. good on ya butch to help out the japs, but im spending my money on american programs.

at least thats my .02

Did the Red Cross.
They do a lot for our country too ;)
What would I have rather done??? Sent Jay the money if he needed it to get through these times there or knew someone that needed the help directly.

Just HELP.

You can text 90999 to the American Red Cross for a $10 donation.

We have our own help programs here, I've already donated through the Danish branch of the red cross.

Thanks guys for rising to the occasion. People have asked me if I have heard from my friends and family in the states, are they worried? I'm mentioning your kind efforts. Folks are indeed thankful, and would express it themselves if they could.

And I'd guess you'd know the diff between a tremor and an aftershock, of course! Dayum.

They said to expect these, so I assume it was an after shock. They get announced as earthquakes after, and the magnitude, but the location tells if it was an aftershock, or something new.

Back