husqvarna 2100CD

Dh1984

TreeHouser
i have a chance to buy a used husqvarna 2100cd chainsaw. and i was just wondering if i ever decide to sell it. what could i get out of it? i know it's a 6 cube (99cc) saw and it would be great for my tree service i have.but i just like to know how much would it be wroth when i get it running good.because i already got a 046 stihl to do my big tree work with. and i really don't need a other big saw right now

Making money on old saws is not easy and takes a lot of learning and trial and error.
This cost a bit...

In your case I would get a good strong runner that can Make you money in your tree service rather than sitting on your bench.

You may not need another big chainsaw NOW. When you get it running good, just do the few things that you need to do to keep a saw without running it for a long time. You will probably be glad to have kept a good saw.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
well for 125.00 it might be worth messing with. but he said it was locked up but i already check the piston and cylinder on it and it looks like its new. i think it hasn't been run much but i think it might be worth a gamble if not nothing else i got some hard to find parts or something LOL.but i'll take and look it over real good before i say yes and i might find the problem thats got it held up on it someplace.

I used one logging for awhile. I thought it was like using a sledgehammer to drive a nail- real heavy to carry around, but when you get it to the work, the work goes fast.:lol:

My 2100CD is not locked up but does not see much use, as it is a heavy saw and my aging joints are not too happy with starting that mule.
Of all the Huskys I have owned it is the only one that kicks my butt. I think I remember that there are two versions of the 2100 and one is easier starting than the other?
I like the old school manual oiler for when the long bar is buried and working hard...

Use my 2100cd weekly it seems since I found a muffler that was whole. Manual oiler is a big plus on the live oaks and I only use it on the ground.;)
Starts third pull cold everytime and two when warm if I don't catch it:rolleyes:

I have an ugly one that I rarely use. But it has maybe 160-170 compression and runs perfectly. Don't need it as I have a woods ported 3120.

But I sold a nice looking one for $390. I'd bought it for $220 a few years back. Before I got my 3120 in the mid to late 1990's, I had another 2100. Great saw, gobs of torque....Needs a compression release though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
oh ok well when i get it working good i'll keep this one for a collectors item.but first i'll have to find out what is hanging this thing up.

Back