Hunting 2015

There is a rumor going around here that a guy in the valley is paying 60 bucks for a hide on coyote.
Not an unheard of price, but a little strange because the hides are not prime this time of year
I am thinking about getting into the coyote business. A snowmobile maybe...and a short 12 guage.

I might ask the gunsmith if he is making progress on my coyote rifle.

When my buddy was up in Bremmerton at the Naval Yards he went hunting a lot for Black tail. The timber and brush he said were so thick that you never saw but just a flash of deer.

He had hunted a lot in Montana before he joined the Navy and is a hard core hunter. He said blacktail was the toughest hunting he had done. Never actually got one.

Nice deer Willy.

When my buddy was up in Bremmerton at the Naval Yards he went hunting a lot for Black tail. The timber and brush he said were so thick that you never saw but just a flash of deer.

He had hunted a lot in Montana before he joined the Navy and is a hard core hunter. He said blacktail was the toughest hunting he had done. Never actually got one.

Nice deer Willy.
Yeah, some day I'll try to hunt the easy ones :D Blacktail is all I've known and it takes work. This was the easiest one yet I'd say.
Wow, I see the archery world record is only 25 inches bigger. Do you stalk them, hunt out of a tree stand, ground blind?
Yes!
This buck I was hiking, the big guy was a tree stand.
25" goes a long way in a rack!

Yeah, he's in storage for another month or so. I'm particularly proud of the plaque Jay made for me to mount him on!

Heck yeah bust some yotes. I have some old pics over the years taken with crossbow and rifle too. Want to see pics?

Tracked one wounded yote into a hollow log. That was fun when he was coming out at me with a .22 pistol in hand.
Then had to go get chainsaw to cut him out from inside log.

Roadkill buck 24pt less then 2 miles from my house :cry:. Anyone interested I'll post pics here?

I got an update on the coyotes here.
75 dollars for north
60 for the valley
45 for the mountains.
It has to do with the condition of the guard hairs. North animals dont see as much brush and cockelburs.
I guess the hides are prime a couple months early this year.

Yeah, might even purchase a snowmobile for that kind of money.

My disaster preparedness bent has made me want one for a few years.

Dad used to take his to town towing an old car hood during the bad winters. He would pick up mom from work on fridays and then they would haul groceries home.

The guys using sleds can get 4 or 5 coyotes a day. Pretty good money.

Shoot, you could get ten on a hood! I used to just jump off cornices and highmark hills...

Ha! I have a Polaris Colt 250, Dads was a Scorpion.

My old colt had no suspension. I jumped it out of a ditch during lunch break once at high school. When I came down I bruised my kidneys and fell off. This was the days before the lanyard kill switch, so my friends had to chase my sled down and bring it back to me. History after lunch sucked, frequent trips to the bathroom to pee blood.

A friend of mine was given a used snowmobile in exchange for some work. It was a big transporter type one used for delivering beer up at ski resorts. Two people could easily ride on it, three really. It was sure a lot of fun to take that tandem ride into the wilds and trade off driving. You couldn't jump with it, just knock over trees and the like.

Little back ground. Dad is 75 and been hunting a 15pt on my place. We also know of a 9pt 10pt a old 7pt going down hill and a few others.

Well a while back we got close to 1600 pics of the 9pt in one night as it learned to get the corn out of the twice a day feeders.

Copy and paste info from game thread - LMAO 9pt in pic has got real smart. Dad said my little bro brought over a SD card with almost 1600 pics on it. Set to shoot pics about every second.
Shows 9pt going to feeder, shows 9pt taking tip of rack and hooked then shake feeder where corn comes out. Shows 9pt with head down eating cor. Over and over and over.

Dad said he is going to bust him. LOL This was back on Oct 24 I believe.

At 5:05pm Nov 19th dad got him.

deer15septa.jpg deer159pt2.jpg deer159pt.jpg deer159ptt.jpg

Feeders feed year round, deer, turkey, squirrels, coons etc. Along with food plots and raising corn and turnips etc all for wildlife.

Dad said he going to bust a jerky deer that night.
Had a doe out in front of him but wouldnt give him a shot for the crossbow. She was behind a tree looking back toward him.
Then he heard foot steps behind him as the doe stood behind the tree in front. The 9 walked right by heading to the doe.

Back