How Much Do You Pay To Go To The Movies?

Oh about 2 bucks .DVD's are neat,you can pause them,rewatch them or shut them off if something pressing comes along .;) Besides that you can drink beer while in the comfort of your own home or anything else you so desire .

I think it's $16.50 when the wife and I go. $9 for regular seats.
The wife finally figured out how to get me to go the movies. Balcony seating, push the button and a waiter comes over "Yes, I'll have the French dip sandwich and a Jack and Coke please":lol:

We pay $13 to go to the Arclight or the Bridge. They have HUGE screens, awesome sounds, and nice comfy leather reclining chairs. I'd rather pay a few extra dollars and have a better time there. It also keeps the riff-raff out!

love
nick

$8.00, or $6.00 for the matinee

Oh, and about $8 each for popcorn and a drink :O

Balcony seating, push the button and a waiter comes over "Yes, I'll have the French dip sandwich and a Jack and Coke please":lol:

Wow, I definitely don't live in Kansas!

I don't know what it costs here, it's been that long since I've gone.

TS

I think it's $12 here, and $9 matinee. We have went to escape the heat in the summer for a couple of hours. As I understand it the theater doesn't keep any of that money it all goes to the owners of the movie and the theater only keeps the money from the concessions and advertising.

Gigi,

How far do you have to drive to go see a movie?

Until about 6 years ago we could go to the matinees for $1 each. It was great in the summer when my kids were younger...we had a rule that I'd bring them to the movies almost anytime we wanted AS LONG AS THERE WAS NO WHINING ABOUT NOT GETTING POPCORN/COKES. They were pretty good about it.

The theatre would give out paper cups if you asked, and you could fill them at the water fountain.

Its been so long since Ive been to a theater, but Id guess around

$6.00 for matinee

and probably twice that amount after 4 pm??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gigi,

How far do you have to drive to go see a movie?

Che, we have a funky little movie theater right here in Marathon. It takes us longer to get the new releases, but I am glad to have one on the island. It costs 6 dollars to get in and around 7 for a coke and popcorn. They also serve beer and wine, but no fancy chairs. :)

:?

You don't have air conditioning in your home?

We have a couple of window air conditioners and they don't really do it. We used to have big trees around our house that helped and now they are gone because of one thing or another and now we bake. We have a pool though. Because we live in a dry climate, in the summer it cools off pretty good at night and we turn the whole-house fan on after dark and that cools things off pretty good. Our house is 100 years old with no insulation in the walls so I think it would cost a fortune to put a regular air conditioner in and run it. So I cool off in the pool, the only problem with that is if it is over 100 for a week or so the pool gets too warm.

Wow, I can't imagine living w/o climate control.

most homes here dont have AC. heaters yes, coolers, not so much. Its only a few days or weeks a year that it is warm enough to justify the few grand it costs to get an inline system, or the thousand or so for a portable or window mount unit.

Heck, only 2 of the 8 or so vehicles I have owned had AC.

Back