How do you like the new forum? New tricks for posting?

Ok what's with the 'new profile posts' at the bottom of the new posts home page?
It looks like we can see PMs between people??

@Brandon
So these wouldn't have been PMs from the old software, as far as I know. They would have been profile posts like @MasterBlaster said. Kind of like a public space where you can just post things to an individual person's profile rather than in a larger forum. I'm not sure why these have such personal information in them, maybe they were hidden on the old site?

What were called "PMs" or "Private Messages" in vBulletin are now "Conversations" in this software, and they are still completely private between the participants (you can have a conversation between you and someone else, or add a number of other people to it).

I can clean those up so they don't display on the sidebar, or just delete the posts so people's names and phone numbers aren't floating around.

"Bass Players. Better than run of the mill assholes." Now *that's* an endorsement! :^D

Ha! Funny you should mention that Jim...I actually considered calling you today after going through old PMs.

Yessir...I was not able to log on at all this morning, 9ish my time west coast, but tonight all is sailing smooth. Thanks, Brandon and Butch.

I have two bass guitars - no fiddle, but that's an easy thing to travel with.

Although, I sure would like to see Dave's Big Fat Upright Bass!!!

Back