How do you like the new forum? New tricks for posting?

No more embed !!! Hooray ! I did notice the smileys were dancing when I tried to select one (?) ... so far so good 😊

I think I might just wait a while, see how Brandon gets to these tweaks, maybe just mark all forums read to get rid of all these old threads that act like there are new posts in them. Guess I'll miss some new posts that way, but otherwise it's gonna get mighty tedious .

Probably the best course of action - marking all the forums as read will reset you, and any new posts from that point will be what you see when you click on a thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
It drafts a post to your Facebook wall with a link to the forum/post you clicked the Facebook button on. And yes if it’s a forum that requires registration, it would not be visible unless they were registered and logged in. If it’s a publicly visible forum, then anyone could see it.

Excellent!

Awesome! Now all you need to do is paste in the webpage! No more fiddling around with going through all that embedding nonsense

Frankie mentioned this earlier.

I found that, like it a bit better.

Hmmm...seems that a thread that I have read all posts in does not auto update to "read" status, i.e. the title does no move from bold to unbold, unless I use the update button on my browser. Is this right? Or am I just not doing something right :).

Thanks, Butch. I'm not complaining about any of this that I'm posting to this thread, I hope you understand. Just trying to learn, get a feel for the new software, and maybe just maybe help a tiny bit to get things sorted out.

This is what I see...

loT7Hlh.png

I use an addon to darken every website. It has a few quick click options, and it usually works out well enough. I used to theme the sites myself if I spent any amount of time on them, but it's a lot of work cause I'm not that good at it. Good enough is good enough. Just need to get rid of the eye raping brightness,

All of which is to say, a dark theme would be nice if you get the time to look into it ;^)

edit:
Also, the sidebar on the right has "Latest Profile Posts". I'd consider those a semi private message, and not of general interest. Might be better to have something else in the space if it's just a button click to change or something.

Last edited:
I just need to find the mellow out button... this green is Jacking my flow.

Pictures load up fast... and it doesn't bog either.

Ps...

Found it... the blue is way better.

Back