How do you like the new forum? New tricks for posting?

Some of you have probably done this already - but it's a good time to go through your account settings and review your preferences. If your post times are off, fix your time zone here. Change what you want to get emails about, whether you want to watch threads, and how much of your profile information is visible.

Just ran a test. I dont do forums on my phone. But I checked out the 2 pics I posted above to see how they looked on it.

The thumbnail pic and the full size pic were same size on the phone to look at.

But on laptop, full size is my choice as I cant see the thumbnail without taking the extra step of clicking on it and waiting for it to load.

Is there a way to get the page selection on the top of the pages? Gotta scroll to the bottom to get to click to the last page of the thread.
No biggie if not.

@Brandon

Is there a way to get the page selection on the top of the pages? Gotta scroll to the bottom to get to click to the last page of the thread.
No biggie if not.

@Brandon
Are you on a phone? Butch is right, on desktop it will show at the top and bottom of the page, but on mobile it only shows at the bottom. I could see what can be done about that.

I always use the desktop site when possible, and firefox on android shows the full site. Unfortunately, firefox on android is slow, and it's been getting on my nerves lately, so I've been using lightning. It's fast, but treehouse shows up with the mobile interface. Tried changing my user agent to desktop, and even gave it a custom desktop user agent, but I still get the mobile site. I suspect it has something to do with webview, but not sure exactly what...

Just griping. No problem with treehouse, and nothing anyone here can fix, unless someone knows a workaround.

I always use the desktop site when possible, and firefox on android shows the full site. Unfortunately, firefox on android is slow, and it's been getting on my nerves lately, so I've been using lightning. It's fast, but treehouse shows up with the mobile interface. Tried changing my user agent to desktop, and even gave it a custom desktop user agent, but I still get the mobile site. I suspect it has something to do with webview, but not sure exactly what...

Just griping. No problem with treehouse, and nothing anyone here can fix, unless someone knows a workaround.
Not sure how that works, on this software it's all one set of templates, just re-sized for whatever screen size they're being displayed on. I don't have an Android to test your setup.

I know that what you're describing would have happened on vBulletin because there was truly a completely different, super basic style for mobile devices. On this software, it's all the same thing (every device gets the full site).

In the old forum I would click on something on the left and it would bring me to the first unread post. Now I seem to have to click on the last page or so and scan for where the unread posts begin.

This is the interface I get using webview browsers...

Screenshot_20191028-192400_Lightning.jpg Screenshot_20191028-192400_Lightning.jpg

Firefox on android uses it's own rendering engine, and I get the normal desktop interface. I downloaded firefox preview, which uses the new geckoview engine, and it displays the full desktop also. It also seems peppy, so that may be my fix. It's a work in progress, and doesn't have addons yet, but so far, it's pretty functional. I may just switch to that.

Not sure how that works, on this software it's all one set of templates, just re-sized for whatever screen size they're being displayed on. I don't have an Android to test your setup.

I know that what you're describing would have happened on vBulletin because there was truly a completely different, super basic style for mobile devices. On this software, it's all the same thing (every device gets the full site).
Using iPhone straight up you get the mobile version which is cool ... if you use the “desktop mode” (app or manually) while using iPhone the display is (obviously) in desktop mode which is a slightly different (maybe more info like post count ) - not sure about android though ... All in all while the old software did the job I like this version much better !!! Kudos to you sir !!!

that's probably the key....I do "mark forums read" and when I come back and check "new posts" I click on the thread I want and it goes straight to the first unread post...it's actually more efficient I think...easier to click a big thread font than the old little button on the other SW

Yeah I'm phone only, so when i first pulled it up i marked everything as read, and so it goes to the last post. If I've read everything and open it, it goes to the very beginning of the thread, so i have to scroll down and hit the end of thread button. It would be handy if that was also at the top.... but that's pretty minor personally.

For sure. Phones are great for portability, but for any real work, I'll take a pc every time. I despise typing on a phone. Constantly fatfingering buttons :^S

Swype helps immensely as far as typing on a phone. Computers are nice, i just don't have one

Back