How do you like the new forum? New tricks for posting?

SeanKroll

Treehouser
I'm thinking it's looking sweet!! Congratulations, Butch!

I noticed that you can highlight text, in someone else's post, and get the option to add the highlighted text to a multi-quote function.

I think that this is way easier to use for new people.

Have to get used to using the button for Jump to New posts.

Have to get used to using the button for Jump to New posts.
Typically just clicking into a thread will bring you right to the last unread/new post. You can use the button if you’ve been scrolling through a thread re-reading and then want to get back to the newest posts.

:whine: I don't like change!

XenForo is a good system, I'm sure it will be easier for new people. I'll need some time to get used to it.

It looks like the old way of linking images didn't convert well. I'm sure it is due to how the new forum works differently. See the Horrible Dog Attack thread to see what I mean.

Brandon, I'm not getting that action...if I click into a thread (like this one) that I read every post already, it opened at the beginning post. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, wouldn't surprise me.

Looks good. I like it. Thanks Brandon & Butch!

edit:
Just a nitpick, but I think the top TreeStuff banner would look better centered.

Brandon, I'm not getting that action...if I click into a thread (like this one) that I read every post already, it opened at the beginning post. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, wouldn't surprise me.
Unfortunately the read/unread data was reset when the forum was migrated so if it was a thread that you read on the old software, it went back to being "unread". However, once you start reading threads on this new software, it will keep track of that and bring you to the new posts when you enter a thread.

:whine: I don't like change!

XenForo is a good system, I'm sure it will be easier for new people. I'll need some time to get used to it.

It looks like the old way of linking images didn't convert well. I'm sure it is due to how the new forum works differently. See the Horrible Dog Attack thread to see what I mean.
I think I mentioned in another thread that I need to write a script to update all the imgur links across the forums. On Xenforo, embedding media happens automatically simply by pasting the link into your post. No need for all the special embed code.
I also notice that smileys aren't working right now. I need to re-import them and will do that when I get in front of my computer again.

Hate that pics seem to show as attachments rather than imbeds
You can choose whether or not to include a thumbnail attachment of a picture or a full-size one. I think all the posts from vBulletin will have them attached as thumbnails where you have to click them to see them full-size, but any new posts going forward will have the option to do either.

like @Cut4fun’s earlier post:
Pic test

I like the new pics attach system way better then old way. (y)

View attachment 96348View attachment 96349View attachment 96350

(click the little green up arrow next to his name to get brought to the original post.

Back