How do you align a diagonal?

Nice!!
Cool that you know him though!
That rearing horse is one piece including the centre post and base, the two side posts and rail were added on. It took him 5 days to do it, it was to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Ross Rodeo.
He has done some doozies out of Macrocarpa stumps, some up in the next town he finished last year, I'll get a photo next time I'm up there. You are right, they are highly varnished!
I might get a job up by the church to take down a macrocarpa, it has a pretty big base, I'm might suggest they leave it high so Eddie can carve something one day.

Nice!!
Cool that you know him though!
That rearing horse is one piece including the centre post and base, the two side posts and rail were added on. It took him 5 days to do it, it was to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Ross Rodeo.
He has done some doozies out of Macrocarpa stumps, some up in the next town he finished last year, I'll get a photo next time I'm up there. You are right, they are highly varnished!
I might get a job up by the church to take down a macrocarpa, it has a pretty big base, I'm might suggest they leave it high so Eddie can carve something one day.

I'll try and dig up some old pictures of his stuff from the 1990s, alot smaller carvings then what he's doing now, mostly dolphins, kangaroos,seals. He certainily has evolved. Big names from the Victoria area are John Brady, Kevin Gilders. I think Eddie may have picked up the larger 5 day carving projects from these guys while on the carving circuits.
Willard

Back