Honoring Those Who Have Given All

Limbrat

TreeHouser
In remembrance of all who have served and made the ultimate sacrifice for freedom. For those who have fought and prevailed against evil across the globe for not only America, but for the liberty of countless other nations. We honor and thank you.

I did a job for a guy recently and he mentioned that his son was in Afghanistan, after we had chatted for a bit and I gathered he was an open minded sort of guy I asked him "what does he think of the war there" his reply was that his son realised it was nothing to do with freedom, but he was a soldier and wanted to go to war, he'd trained for it and wanted to do his job.
True story

I have so much respect for everyone who has served in the military. I don't think I would have the courage to do that, especially in time of war. I can't even begin to verbalize how much I appreciate all they have done.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I come from a long line of Navy. I wish I could have served. Thank you for all you gave and still give vets. Sorry the government does not treat you better. I wish my tax dollars took better care of the survivors better.

I'll post a photo again of my good friend from junior high and high school. We played football together. He was a kindly guy, maybe you can see that in his face. In country just a few months before he died in Vietnam, in some hell hole distant valley far from his home. There is also a photo of another friend that I wish I had to post, a guy named Kirk.

RIP, Charles. I miss you man.

Attachments

• WarringtonCW01d.jpg
    WarringtonCW01d.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 23
Military service wasn't for me. Otherwise I would have stuck with it. But I served my time honorably. I must say, I met many people in the service that had never experienced the living standard that the military offered. Until I met them I thought I come from a poor family.

War sucks, but I am a firm believer that every young man should serve some time in the military. You see the worst and the best of people and the world. And if you survive it the VA benefits makes retirement years much more comfortable.

I did not have it in me towards the end of high school. Dad was in the Guard for over 20 years and a lot of my class mates joined every branch but the Marines. It is easy to forget the sacrifices made and are being made every day.

On a side note, every sale this last week has been called a "Memorial Day" sale. Makes my blood boil.

Back