Who Watches UFC? Which Fighters do you like/dislike.

I like it a lot. Been to a couple events live at MSG in NYC, total hoot.

Conor v cowboy definetly compelling match up. Im rooting for and picking cowboy. CraZY how a couple years ago conor was a beloved figure and now he is mostly hated

All I know is his Irish whiskey is disgusting.

I went to high school with Rashad Evans, nice guy, class clown type really funny without being a jerk. I think he don’t fight anymore, but does some announcer or commentator stuff.

Cory, Connor has always been a little scally scumbag.

It just goes to show that all the money in the world won’t change you if your a twat to begin with.

As for your comment about him being loved... I would say people have always hated him. Just now, some of the arse kissers who previously didn’t have a clue and jumped in the hype train, have actually realised that even though he can fight his is a total twat.

I'm not in the bars anymore, but back in the day Fedor was my man. No emotion, no bullshit, just a dude that was not gonna stop till the other guy was dead. My dad used to a have a saying that's there's two types of guys in a fight. One won't shut up because he needs to talk himself up and convince himself that he can win, the other type just stands there because he's just gonna whip the other guys ass. Fedor was the literal example of that.

All I know is his Irish whiskey is disgusting.

I went to high school with Rashad Evans, nice guy, class clown type really funny without being a jerk. I think he don’t fight anymore, but does some announcer or commentator stuff.

Ha lotta folks are calling it a showdown of Proper 12 vs Budweirser 8)

That's cool, Jonny! When I watched him on the ultimate fighter where there is a lot of behind the scenes stuff, he definetly seemed cool. I presume he was a freakin stud athlete in HS?

Cory, Connor has always been a little scally scumbag.

It just goes to show that all the money in the world won’t change you if your a twat to begin with.

As for your comment about him being loved... I would say people have always hated him. Just now, some of the arse kissers who previously didn’t have a clue and jumped in the hype train, have actually realised that even though he can fight his is a total twat.

I never met the man but I feel it's accurate to say that on his way up, when he was still a prospect and a contender, still unproven, many folks including yours truly dug his show of confidence and, at times, humbleness. But he jumped the shark with the Mayweather fight and again even moreso when Khabib turned him every way but loose.

Fedor was the man, 09! Obviously he had a lot of epic fights but I'll always remember when he fought the beast known as Brett Rogers, a ko artist on the rise and former tire changer at BJ's tire center. Fedor got bloodied up and broken nose in rd 1, came back and finished in huge style rd 2

Last edited:
Ha lotta folks are calling it a showdown of Proper 12 vs Budweirser 8)

That's cool, Jonny! When I watched him on the ultimate fighter where there is a lot of behind the scenes stuff, he definetly seemed cool. I presume he was a freakin stud athlete in HS?
He was a decent football player, and an ok wrestler his first year, then just excelled rapidly in wrestling and won state championships in wrestling junior and senior year and I think he went to state’s sophomore year. Pretty sure his entire career kicked off with high school wrestling. My son is at Niagara Wheatfield High School now, and they’re still showing off all his trophies in the display case.

@cory, what fight was he in where he simply stood up, put his right fist in the air, his face completely torn up. No emotion at all. He reminded me of the terminator, just kept coming and destroying... maybe cro cop?

Good stuff, Jonny.

I'm not sure, Kyle, I haven't honestly seen that many of his fights. He's extremely unemotional, fo sho.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Both the Emeliananko (sp) guys are awesome.
Too bad fedor got hepatitis or something. . .
I like Nate Diaz although I wish he’d take his pride down some notches. Hard not to like khabib, but I’d like to see him at 28-01
Im proud (the irony) to say I NEVER liked Conor.
Love seeing him schooled.
Covington getting beaten last night seemed appropriate 😁 I hope he does an attitude 180, but he seems as perma-childish as Conor.

Such a bloody compelling riveting sport.
I fork over the pay per view cash as often as I can, and I care nothing for any other spectator sport.

Who knew, August's fascinations!

Im a longtime huge fan, but have been missing a lot of the PPVs since they went to ESPN + cuz the delivery sucks. With Direct TV it was awesome.
Masdival is on quite the extreme tear, eh?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ya Masdival is interesting. Looking forward to whatever happens next to him.

Yo the main event tonite was awesome. In Brazil, no audience due to Covid. Great back and forth fight between Charles Oliviera vs Kevin Lee. The bjj in round 1 was some of the most amazing flow I've ever seen in the ufc. Charles finished the very game, strong, and skilled Kevin in rd 3 with a wicked tight guillotine ..

Charles increases his record of most submissions in ufc and ties with Cowoy Cerrone for most finishes, and one behind Anderson Silva for most straight finishes. Just wow

Not a lot of ufc fans here, so at the risk of wasting valuable electrons.. here is one of the best fights Ive seen. Btw, Justin G is in the main event next weekend being held reportedly on a CA Indian rez

Good fight. I have liked Johnson since TUF. However he does need to learn to block low kicks.

Intense pace in the first round. Not surprised they both looked pretty spent half way through r2.

I enjoyed that, thanks for posting it Cory.

Glad you liked it, Rich!

Bummer, UFC 249 cancelled for next weekend.

Back