Home Security

I disagree. If someone has invaded your personal space to the point of bending over you in bed (such as to prevent you wielding a long firearm) then they are giving you access to drive a long narrow blade upwards into the side of the body.

Its a nasty thought, and something I'd never want to do, but in the given scenario - IF you can keep your presence of mind, its an easy task. Probably a bit harder than grabbing a small pistol and doing a dirty deed, but knives are legal here and pistols aren't.

Like I said, I think its a moot point, as why would an intruder break in then come and lean over you in bed?

Not moi, but my hand can be very "knifelike," and worse.
kungfu.gif

But they used to be legal, right Ed? Somewhere, somehow, that changed. "Oh well, it's just drama"...said Magnus.

Squish has a good home security method, those BIG friendly beasts out in his yard. I don't recall him mentioning guns in addition, but perhaps.

Never underestimate the paranoia of the squisher. Remington 870 tactical with adjustable shoulder is the go to for home defense. Besides I need something to keep the dogs inline. I doubt I'll ever need it, I lock all the doors of the house at night except for the one to the mudroom entrance.................where 300pds of furriness awaits anyone who might be looking for a easy way in in the night. Those dogs worship me like a god, I pity the fool who ever starts anything with them around.

Oh I have several weapons at my disposal scattered hither and yon .These include the Babe Ruth special that I'm certain Mrs Smith could swing with great gusto if somebody got any cute ideas . I can guarentee they wouldn't be too cute after she through with them .Mean woman .:O

I have several Moss 500s stashed around the house if needed. I also have a tax stamp allowing me to own this little gem that sits in the headboard next to my para 14.45 http://www.serbu.com/top/superShorty.php . For a carry weapon I use a http://bondarms.com/bond-arms-guns/snake-slayer loaded with 3 inch winchester PDX1 shells which are the newest incarnation of the Black Talon. 45 is loaded with the original Black Talons in all their black coated glory. Momma has a Moss 500 with pistol grip next to her computer area along with her snub nose 38. She doesn't like the pistol grip but has scared several would be robbers off just by racking a shell into the chamber. All shotguns except hers are loaded with 3 inch PDX1 ammo. Hers is loaded with 2 1/2 shells which she can control and keep on target easier.

Back