Help! Carlton Sp4012 Drive Motor Reseal

treegongfu

TreeHouser
I have a hydraulic leak on one of the drive motors and got a reseal kit but can't figure out how to take it apart.

Anyone done this before?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gavin

Could always bring the removed motor down to my shop, I have presses and pullers and such, I'm only about 5 minutes off the 403.... coffee would be good ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes. Thanks Raj. That is very kind of you. I took it in the other morning. It was too complicated for me to figure out. 4 to 5 days at about half the cost of a new one through carlton

I'm overwhelmed qith you generosity.

I was going to put a seal kit in one of my drive motors on the dingo. Got the motor open, looked in a little closer at all the layers. Saw the worn shaft and some pressed on bearings, and decided otherwise. I fou and a place that handled that brand of motor, and they rebuilt it at 1/2 the cost of new.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rebuild sounds good. This is just bearings and seals. "The shaft is damaged on the outside" and can be replaced but will take 4 weeks and will bring the total over the cost of a new one.
Choosing not to replace the shaft voids the warranty on the reseal job.

This is through the saur danfoss (motor manufacturer ) distributor here.

A new motor would take them 8 to twelve weeks.

Carlton dealer said 4 to 5 days for the new motor. I shld have gone that root but was already 100.00 into the replacement so ....

Back about 10 years ago I used to stock and have access to danfoss products. Tick me off they changed their sales strategy.

Back