Helmet comms

Wow, great day while they worked! 3 saws running and a bobcat & still heard each other perfectly. :D

That is until I bumped a button while trying to change the volume and then couldn't remember how to get the intercom going again.:|: Left the instruction book home of course. It is with the helmets now and will stay in the truck. Missed the intercom already the rest of the afternoon.

Got home, read instructions and fired them up. Yep, it was me...Sometimes I'm amazed I remember my way home...

WTF how could you forget them?? Ours are charging in the truck when we are not working.

Lighter in truck no worky... will soon ... Took them into house, charged them, put them back in their special tub and left them by the door DOH!:|:

Having three kids hanging all over you in the morning on your way out can be distracting.
So can good morning sex, but ......

What a great day casually talking our way through the job on intercom today! Things went near flawlessly with the improved communication.

Squish was right, for efficiency and safety there is no turning back now....8)

The kid (Travis) waited until we had the tree down & bucked up before he asked about using his phone for music (he pawed around and found the instruction book). "Fine with me during clean-up."
....'this rocks!" :lol:

If I had comms this is what I would be listening to...this is Naga headhunter drumming from NW Burma / NE India area. This has become some of my favorite music. It tops any "war drum" or Taiko drums, etc. that I have found online yet.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uZPzmP3oipY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Heads up all you comms junkies, don't leave them plugged into the cigarette lighter when you are jump starting! Report of one DEAD unit! Luckily Sena are awesome about warrantee stuff so will just replace it but be careful out there, a week or so without comms is going to give you the shakes!

Percussion is part of music.

Here you go Gary, you should love this -

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/K9CsRWdubrk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RyBQKaaDWTs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That definitely has the beat happening...good find.

hahaha, Fiddler...probably a separate thread in here somewhere. Quite the derail from helmet comms.

Wonder who started THAT? :wall:

Paced out 700 feet (213.36 meters) and they were crystal clear... Don't know if you can see Robert by that brush pile below the ponderosas... 2nd pic zoomed in....
HO said she thought it was funny that Robert seemed to be talking to himself while she was walking the dog :lol:
When she got back to the house, she figured it out :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0264.jpg
    IMG_0264.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 71
Has anyone tried one of these?

SMH10R-main-unit-411.jpg

http://senabluetooth.com/product/intercoms/smh10r/

No but, about to. When Nick Bonner did a TreeStuff vid on the Protos (?) helmet showing its functional features, I thought this would be the exact unit to put in it. Paul Cox told me, when I asked, he has some to sell and install.

Back