Headed For a Breakdown...

Vista only sucks slightly more than XP home.

My wife has XP home at work and guess what's going to happen soon?????

It sucks.

Fred

damnit RJS I think you and TC3 jinxed me! :) just spent three or so hours rebuilding windows etc after my machine locked up playing a music file. GOODBYE limewire. for the last time do I use shareware. Where is a good place to get tunes online? I dont want to take chances with the shared files now that I am jamming them on my phone asa well, too much to lose if it gets hijacked or otherwise froze up.
Is Itunes the answer? I dont know if they support machinery other than the Ipod to be honest.

This whole thing is so funny for me to read. :lol:

It is kind of like watching the cartoon where the coyote puts a 'hole' in the ground and everyone falls into it!

Buy a MAC

still fighting. might have to format the HD and start from scratch. F me this bites. I HATE WINDOWS. but I have no interest in Macs. yet.

TC,

Have a look at the "Panda Anti Virus" product! We've been using it for over a year now and never had any problems until a few month ago...
...but after we renewed our subscription, its been trouble free ever since !!!

The way it was explained to me was that it was originally designed as a commercial multi-computer anti virus system but seemed to be better suited as a home PC anti virus system.

Well worth money IMHO!!! ;)

HC

I got a new puter a week ago and it has Vista in it.

I like the look, but it is huge and has a bunch of stuff going on, it takes one gig memory just to run itself!

It is a bunch of new stuff to get used to and as usual that is never fun.

I started out with Widows ME.It worked but not nearly as good as the XP pro on this machine,as I type.

I recently jacked the ram to a tad over 2 and it helped an already relatively fast computer.Got the firewall as part of the EZ trust virus protecter,all setting behind a router.No problems usually.

I've had several versions of Norton,Mccaffie but this virus protecter beats them all.Besides that it's free with the broadband.That however is not free by any stretch of the imagination.

ummm, wrong. I guess if you don't know anything about the topic at hand, you simply drag out some 10 year old cliche` insult that doesn't apply.
:P

Jeez Skwerl, why are you being so mean lately?

I had no intention of hurting your feelings, I simply posted what my wife had told me the other day. O.K. so I am a 'behind the times mac. person', so what.

Lighten up! Have you forgotten you are with a group of friends here?

Happy Thanksgiving, Friend!
:thumbup:

I run Vista now, had no choise...

XP in the old one worked decently, but 98 and ME has worked best for me.

I even think they are safer as the most crap is amed at xp and vista..

Back