Hazard Tree Felling from 1943.

Good read, thanks for posting it. Seems like most of that book still applies 70 years later.

Real world understanding of trees, physics and the hazards associated with the felling trade are not likely to ever change over time. Though some of our methods surely might, but trees themselves not.

Thanks Cfaller, I have it copied, and in my electronic bookcase.

1943 was a good year ... :D

Some camps used to keep a set of snag fallers. They were usually old fallers. The guy that broke me in remembers seeing them when he was a kid and would ride the train up into the brush to go fishing out of Darrington Washington.
Apparently the misery whip was safer for the fallers. And the 2 man power saw was expensive, heavy. And allocated for production.

Jerry is so right in trees remaining the same. In fact. Despite modern saws. The old big direct drive McCollogh and 090 Stihl got trees off the stump as fast or faster than the saws of today.

Yes, old enough for that anyway :). I hope they get that revised edition out soon, I worked too hard on it for it to languish just because I retired.

I've been meaning to ring up a couple of my good friends from the TAG, find out what's the haps. I'll let y'all know as soon as it's available...even if I have to bootleg a finalish draft :/:.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Glad you all enjoyed the snag falling pdf. Has everyone seen the BC fallers guide? Some really good modern info in it. If anyone is interested, I can post it here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok Jack, here you go!

Attachments

• bc_faller_training_standard_1.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
  • bc_faller_training_standard_2.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
Back