GRCS/Rigging workshop w/ Greg Good

Humm, not me. I want a brush mule. Gregs too old 8)

Brush mule :lol::lol::lol: I like that one. I'll have to remember that one.

Greg is the MAN and his GRCS is the best thing to hit our industry since the chainsaw. People are just amazed when they see what we can do with it. Even some old timers who have done this work are amazed at how fast a tree comes down with one.

I actually ran into someone two years ago that actually knew that the winch was a Harkin and that it was used on sailing boats.

I think it's a neat idea .I've never seen one in action though .

Simple physics in action .

On occasion I have disassembled trees using a couple of snatch blocks,a 1 inch rope and a pick up truck .That works too but I'm sure not as handy as that contraption .

Pulling hung up trees out others is routine work during winter storms on the north coast. I sure wish we would have had a GRCS years ago. It could have made a lot of the jobs much simpler.

Without the GRCS we set the rigging to pull from adjacent trees just like Carl did. As for the pull power we used either come alongs, trucks or heavy equipment. Whatever was best suited to do the job at the time. It always worked and I never lost a tree after picking them up. Though a few times things were pretty tight and talking.

I've managed to find a few videos on the GRCS and I am really impressed. Hoping to find someone in my area who would let me watch it being used in person.
I'm thinking it would save alot of manhours on larger removals I end up doing.

Back