Good miniskid for $5-7k?

Lmao. It'll have to be changed from Bonnervision to Trolleyvision!

I'm really liking the looks of those carts myself.

I'm ordering mine in the morning.

I also saw that Home Depot has a Boxer 320 for rent (36" wide), and the local independent rental place has the Dingo 525 wide track. I think I'm moving closer to a grapple, and will keep looking for the mini.

The question...BMG or Vermeer Grapple. Rajan, what do you run on your Vermeer 800?

I'm ordering mine in the morning.

I also saw that Home Depot has a Boxer 320 for rent (36" wide), and the local independent rental place has the Dingo 525 wide track. I think I'm moving closer to a grapple, and will keep looking for the mini.

The question...BMG or Vermeer Grapple. Rajan, what do you run on your Vermeer 800?

I have a BMG that the 800 ate for lunch in 150 hours. I have had to replace both tines the smaller tine I completely boxed with 3/8" plate and the larger tine came beefed up from BM so all is well in the nine hours I have on it.

For what it is the BMG is a fantastic tool and I dread doing tree work without it or the mini for that matter. My show is a mixed bag of pruning and removals. A machine will pay for itself very quickly, I bought the 800 new and it has payed for itself already in labor savings and then some.

BMG for sure, and not just because I sell them!

The Vermeer's advantage I have found is that it can pick an object up and hold it vertically. For example, carrying a log vertically to go through tight turns. Everything else, the BMG does better.

Plus we have a money back guaranty on the BMG!

And rockstar service. When I called and spoke to Dave about my issues next day I had parts. Rockstar!

Rockstar service, with an amazing product! Anytime I've had problems with either bmg grapple, Dave has been quick to help and fix any issue. Great bunch of guys over there!(except for that Carl guy, I've heard you have to watch out for him lol)

BMG. I was hesitant about about getting one, thinking it it wasn't really going to be worth. I couldn't have been more wrong. It is a must have.

There is BMG available that is a couple years old or so, next to new, but I thought the BMGs had been beefed up. Is it just the material handling tines, or any other portions?

I'm looking at it. VA is a long way. Been thinking of going new. Time loss to repairs is a killer. Trying to figure out about moving it around with a possible one ton dump bed. If I have the chip truck down for a repair, I would have back-up, and when all is up and running, two trucks, two guys, maybe three guys. A lot of figuring going on, going into the slow season.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's exactly where we are at too. How do we move the loader, and whatever we loaded with just a two man crew? One person will almost always be driving the chip truck and chipper.
We pretty much ruled out a used loader unless we find a killer deal that is close to home.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I usually run two guys myself and a sub. He drives chip truck and I drive mini/dump trailer and I schedule stumps a day a week or two. It works out pretty well as I have many dumpsites for chips and wood in the area.

Two man crew is easy, one drives the chip truck, one the truck and trailer with the loader. Depending on your set up, you may have to go dump the trailer and come back to pick up the loader, but its still so much faster and easier than hand loading.

Over here in Europe mini skids are relatively rare, I use my mini digger with this hydraulic thumb, can pick up 300kg and load truck in minutes. Just a thought.
Hopefully here's a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 48
I can see adding a mini to my lineup at some point. Right now it would be a Boxer 532, diesel, and custom controls. The 532 for it's power and expanding undercarriage. Diesel for having one fuel source, power, and longevity. Custom controls because the stock controls leave a lot to be desired.

I'm doing a job currently where a mini would be handy getting dead/fallen trees out of the edge (50-75') of the woods so the ex can load the material. For my setup, it looks like I would need to put a minimum of 75 hours per year to cover the cost of ownership.

Back