Gonna Go Look at a 066. Help sort the wheat from the chaff?

Autotune 572xp I don't know of as it is not a Husqvarna idea, Perhaps Husqvarna USA, but nothing i heard of here thast was to be out on market. I don't hear all and can have missed it completely...
There was talk about naming the 372X-Torq 572 to make it clear it was a different saw, but as far as I know that was never applied.
They thought it was better to ride the wave of popular 372, as it was the smart thing to do.

By out I mean on sale for all to have.
That usually mean it comes with a news bulletin, WM, Parts list and sales brochure as well so saw and parts can be ordered.

I was hoping this new 572XP or whatever their going to call it, will be the same design as the 550/560/562. With the tilted rearward cylinder design etc.
I did hear it won't have the outboard clutch though, which is a shame for balance, ergonomics and crankshaft strength.

The 560 series will have external clutch if it is to be in same family.
If it is to have a internal, crank and case will have to be different and thus not same saw.

I don't see the point in having larger cc on a saw that is not good as it is...

Better to can the project, cut the losts and do something that really work and hold up.

562's with runtime has issues as well... As the pass 1500 hrs..
Not many users seem to run them 1800-2000 hrs a year as we do here.

Not yet...The 36" bar is in the mill right now...
I wanna try it on a thumper...
Far away from the fence row...

Ya'll do not need to quote the previous post, seriously! I'll just delete them. That's ALL they do over at AS... quote, quote quote. You get to see everyone's post twice and it clutters up the page.

Magnus to quote about what you said earlier about the 560/562 series saws, I've been running my 562 hard for over 2 years now and no trouble whatsoever besides maybe a odd hiccup in high heat temps.
Husqvarna got this design right with the laid back cylinder , narrow profile and long leverage design.Almost a copy of a Stihl.

I was hoping the 572 would follow these lines.

Wait, I'm confused... So: If I get a Husqvarna at 75 to 90 cc's. What would you gents recommend? Do you guys like the 390?

The 390xp is a solid performer, but the 576xpAT "Auto Tune", is a pretty sweet running machine...

Or you could go the Stihl route and get a 461...

The 576XP Auto Tune is a awesome solid performer equal to a 80cc class saw. . Husqvarna gave me 3 of them to run in my timbersport competiton way back 6 years ago.
Now I'm running 3 550XP's. ha

Attachments

• willow 003.jpg
    willow 003.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 33
  • willow 001.jpg
    willow 001.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 32
  • NMTF chainsaw events 022.jpg
    NMTF chainsaw events 022.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 34
  • SDC11074-001.JPG
    SDC11074-001.JPG
    362.4 KB · Views: 34
Wait, I'm confused... So: If I get a Husqvarna at 75 to 90 cc's. What would you gents recommend? Do you guys like the 390?

I recommend you ask forgiveness of the PNW gods and order up a Stihl 460 or 660, my friend. :D Just sayin'...though you might want to twist their tails a smidge for best performance, just like with these Huskys.

Magnus to quote about what you said earlier about the 560/562 series saws, I've been running my 562 hard for over 2 years now and no trouble whatsoever besides maybe a odd hiccup in high heat temps.
Husqvarna got this design right with the laid back cylinder , narrow profile and long leverage design.Almost a copy of a Stihl.

I was hoping the 572 would follow these lines.
How many hrs you got on it now last it was serviced and hooked up, Willard?
Problem is in the design of the engine. 576 they cook here as well, not as many as 575, but still..
372 X-Torq they go kaboom as well pretty early. The smaller saws just as bad. I have still to see a X-Torq with the promiced 2000 hrs on it. Most never pass 1500. 576 is pretty heavy considering how it performs and get hot real easy if given a good work out. Ignitions like this and the other 5 series have let you think you have a rocket and they get hot/overloaded a lot. Too much heat development and the go booom as all others... Here they get them to last a bit longer running 20" bars.
The K750 had same issues, K760 is even worse...

I get guy's in here with boxes of old saws they want me to renovate and get going so they have a saw they can trust.
I don't mind it, I like the older saws better.
385/390 is a great saw! Pretty old now, but still it is a stable saw that run well and give you plenty for your money. No fresh air/X-Torq so it actually has some power to it.

I got roughly 1200 hours on the 562XP now, never had it serviced or hooked up. Being running it since new from straight out of the box, no problems and still running strong.
I think the 576 should have been built to be a 87cc saw and leave the 70cc class for a 562 series type unit. Only my opinion though.

1200hrs is just a tad over half a year for the guy's running full time here.

Larger saws is mostly for felling and bucking. X-torq will never work well in felling. It has not the umpf needed and if they get it to run right they loose the purpose of it.

I based the 1200 hrs on 4 hrs a day , 8 months a year for 2 years. Arborist work is much different from logging 7-8 hrs a day. I run other different size saws during my work day.
Recently I finally got my "new " 3 year old 346XP to run right, found out the canola oil I was running for bar oil and not draining it and forgetting to flush with regular bar for the winter storage gummed up the clutch side crankcase seal causing the saw to have a lean condition . Changed the seal and the saw runs like new.

Plus with a muffler mod on the 346 the 562Xp now has some competition. The 346 is a real performer in light weight trim now .:thumbup:

They must be doing a different kind of cutting in Sweden...
Nobody gets to cut every day here..
2000 hours of actual run time on a saw would be tough to accomplish.

Back