Getting Hartford Insurance

Brian doesn't play well with Nick.
:lol::lol:

Nick, please, before you sign on with Hartford, call 1-800-577-6222 and ask for Mike Rook. He hopefully (according to my agent) tell you about the Arbormax program. Last I heard, they were moving into the Cali market. I saved so much money with that program, that I would highly recommend looking into it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am shooting for 1,000,000 in liability. I got one quote the other day for 1,300/yr. That was from some other company I never heard of. I'll compare that to what The Harrford can do.

love
nick

Hahaha...it aint my WC policy. They dont service NC or they dont like little guys or something

you use only 22.4 kn stuff right?

I called about the Arbormax program when I was looking for insurance, as per your recommendation V. I was told they deal more with larger companies, not like myself.

V- thanks for the tip. I spoke to Mike Rook today and he gave me the contact info for the local agent that deals the Arbor Max program. I had never heard of that one before, so didnt know to ask about it.

I typically skip Skwerl's posts, but all the responses made me go back and read that one. Yes, that was a joke. I wouldn't actually do what I described in that paragraph. Fraud is not high on my lost of aspirations. For those that don't know, Brian and I don't see eye to eye. I thought we'd moved on since this started back in the arboristsite days. But every now and then he makes a comment that tells me he can't move on. Nowadays I just skip the posts and that prevents me from even from being bothered by what he says. I do remember that he let me use his Lockjack one time and that was very kind of him.

love
nick

What does this mean to you? :?

it means "how YOU doin'!?"
norbit-how-you-doin.gif
:D

I called ArborMAX, spoke to Mike Rook the other day. He had a local agent contact me yesterday. Agent is putting together a questionnaire for me.

I'm noticing a trend that insurers are hesitant to insure a new company.

Starting a new company on the legit is not easy.

love
nick

Wow, I'm starting to feel a lot better about being in business here in Washington. Here we don't need a contractors license as long as you do not touch a structure. You don't have to be bonded because you aren't a contractor. You do have to be insured, but the state doesn't check up on that - they just trust that you will get insurance. Aside from the insurance, I think it cost me under $50 to get my business license. If I had not registered with the city of Bellingham, it would have only cost me $20 (the business license application fee for the state). The hardest part about starting my own business was figuring out what to call it.

So I got my insurance today! What a pain.

I called a bunch of places and got a bunch of quotes. They were all in the $2500 range. I don't understand insurance at all.

Last year I called and got a couple quotes for right around $1000. So I made a note of the amount. When I started calling this year, I started getting quotes right around $2500, very consistently.

vharrison- Arbormax was the most expensive. $2,950.

The Hartford was up there, too.

I don't know. I just thought a one-man-band would be a bit more affordable to insure.

I got a quote Fri for $1,700 for a million dollar policy for 1 year. I signed the paperwork today.

Now I can drop a tree on a house, worry free!

love
nick

I don't know. I just thought a one-man-band would be a bit more affordable to insure.

I got a quote Fri for $1,700 for a million dollar policy for 1 year. I signed the paperwork today.

Now I can drop a tree on a house, worry free!

love
nick

Only a million dollar house.:D

And then 2 million is not alot more. Around here 2 is the minimum. Plus it has gotten more popular to have the client named on the policy.

Back