Fullsize rigs

Any 7.3psd is in demand here, you have to be friends with a dealer to get one on trade. My buddies shop will do exhaust/suspension work for a few of the new car dealers on trades and I've gotten him to call on a couple of 7.3psd's that he's had in there and each time they're already sold. None for sale around here, atleast not for long. I see them down on the coast available, but I'm leary of their origins. A beat truck can cost a fortune.:(

I have an '03 Ram 2500 Quad Cab Long bed 6speed H.O. Cummins 5.9 and I love it. I run and intake, chip, and straight pipe exhaust and consistantly get 20mpg and I drive the truck hard. No problems handling anything really. I live in South Western CT and between there and school do a bunch of "city" type parking and its no problem as a daily driver.

Thanks squisher. I've been readin here for a while but finally got around to posting. And I love the sound of those diesels doin work.

Brendon, Ill bet you already checked it, but I bought all three trucks I've owned through the Bargain News.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep, bargainnews has been my best friend during purchasing searches.

I dropped the idea of another fullsize I think though.

Well I am really indecisive. The Toyota is getting 3-5 interested people per day from craigslist, I keep telling callers I've decided to keep it. I just had a guy say he's willing to pay more than asking price.

It brings me back to gregs truck. 55k miles, 8,000$

I need first hand experience on this thing, anyone have one?

Attachments

• greg 2.jpg
    greg 2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 61
  • greg 3.jpg
    greg 3.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 60
  • greg 4.jpg
    greg 4.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 62
  • greg 5.jpg
    greg 5.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 60
  • greg 6.jpg
    greg 6.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 60
  • greg 7.jpg
    greg 7.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 59
Which motor is in it? My dad gets 17-20 mpg in his C1500 with the 5.3 V8. The fullsize Chevys mileage is as good as most small trucks.

But regardless of mileage, the Chevy will be 10X as valuable to you as a work vehicle. Just having a second vehicle capable of towing your chipper is a big deal.

00 GMC 2500 for me. I plow snow and wouldn't dream of trying it with anything smaller. I love my truck, it's my best friend and my means of making a living. I'm pretty hard on it but that's what it's for, it's a tool..... a really good tool!:)

I'm kinda surprised this is such difficult decision for ya Brendon. We work in an industry that damn near REQUIRES the implement of a full sized truck. We have to pull trailers and haul equipment to unknown places. If you're gonna make it and, more importantly, be taken seriously..... you gotta have the tools to do the job and a full sized truck is one of the most important you can have.

I've had clients that got bids from guys driving "smaller" vehicles and they turned them down because they didn't feel they were set up good enough to do the job properly. I know that a truck does not depict your knowledge and abilities but in the customers eyes we do have an "image" to uphold for the sake of their confidence.

Just my .02 bro.:D

Just to clarify for some people, this will be his daily driver, not a work truck. If it were me, I'd still make it a "company" truck.

When you get bored, like now, you could take the mini and chipper to NY to play with Matt, let him deal with the chips and you get to ride in comfort and economy.

Giving bids in that truck would make you more presentable/creditable (in keeping with the rest of your gear) than the PITN/B/L/A miniyota.

Honesty you don't drive enough to worry about losing (maybe) 10mpg. Within another 18 months I will have put more miles on my Civic than you have driven.

If you could get $4k or even $3.75k for the yota, you'd be a fool not to get the Chevy that is easily twice the truck with a third of the miles that's what, 12 years newer?

His work truck is a POS F350, 6 speed, PSD with a tiny dent in the passenger fender (hackmobile!) and those ugly work truck headlights. :P

It's a love triangle.](*,)

Attachments

• toy 12-18 001.jpg
    toy 12-18 001.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 10
  • greg 2.jpg
    greg 2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 10-4-09 006.jpg
    10-4-09 006.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 8
So am I, thats why I am on the fence.

No de-badging, old school pickups had no emblems on the sides, it did have the "swoosh" graphic though, which I took off. She's a 93.

You can't kill Toyota's, I know a guy who has 300,000 miles on the orignal motor and still going. Not much of the body left though.

Brendon...can I buy the tailgate from that yota? I have a 92, which I plan on driving into the ground.....:D

Back