Fuel prices

Diesel now $2.36 per litre.
Hasn't gone up for a day now, maybe stabilized?
There have been suggestions to suspend the fuel tax temporarily (approx 44cents per litre), but it's probably a non starter. Important revenue for infrastructure, where else would the money come from?
New Zealand has suspended fuel tax for three months.

Well I sort of follow the price of oil (every few days) and at one point a week ago it hit $125 per barrel. Today it's $96-97 per barrel. THAT is why gas prices dipped slightly.

Gas station owners make about 7-10 cents per gallon on gas. They have to pay for each load when it is delivered. The reason why they have to raise prices as soon as oil goes up is because they need to be able to pay for that next load of gas next week, regardless of how much they paid for the gas in their tanks.

I'm not too busy with work this week, sitting at home and not burning fuel. Have about 60 miles to empty in my pickup and the longer I can nurse that, the lower gas will be when I need it. Not the time to be out joyriding or cruising around checking out the sights. I need to confirm my fuel pump issue is fixed, but at 5-6mpg I'm not taking the F350 out until I have a job to go to.

It's almost comical. Frigg the politics and medias.:big-tongue2:

Since two years they rot our lives and all of a sudden "oh, look at that !"

Here, the diesel is at 2.25euros /liter (1.15 during the first lockdown). It has even reached over the gas's price, never seen before.
But it wasn't too surprizing (not in such a range though) because Macron and the like promized in the last campaign to kill the diesel. They are in the good way to do it.
Historically, the diesel was always under the gas prices by a good bit. Not by regular commercial value, but something like 80% of the price is taxes and all the previous governments wanted to sponsorize the national car manufacturers, who where in fact good at developping diesel engines.
It seems that the agenda changed quite a bit.

My F250 (5.4) and SuperDuty (F450 I guess) are terrible. The SuperDuty has a 460 gas and it makes me want to cut myself when it’s under 3$ a gallon.

The good news is I still got that 03 Corolla Virus. Lovely mileage. Plus the chicks dig it!

Overall, I’m extremely pleased with the 5.4 Triton. Reliable and powerful enough for what I need.
A K&N cold air intake kit seemed to get me an extra 1 or 1.5mpg. Not crazy gains I guess but still worth it.

And California. I wonder how much water costs out there, since they gotta pipe that in too.

Diesel £1.96 a litre now - down from £2.02 a few days ago. We live away from the big towns and what really pisses me off is that If I drive 25 miles I can fill up for £1.72 ( tomorrow’s job as I need about 175 litres for 2 trucks and the machines.)
The local gas station has permanently lost my support- I can accept a few pence to support a local business, but when they try and rob me in return I get a bit annoyed.

Back