Fuel prices

I feel ashamed.

I filled up today and didn't even look at the price.

May God save my soul.

I never do, Jerry.
It is something thst I can't change anyway, so why worry about it.

I did however, raise my prices when working for the State forests, to make up for the 1 hour drive each way becoming more expensive.

I like to have a sacrificial salt rust bucket for the bad winter days. 2006 Ford Escape. 4 wd. I had to put a transmission pump and lower control arms in it. Needs a little exhaust work now. I hate ruining a good car driving on disgusting salted up roads. Should have one more winter left in it, maybe two.

$70 / 12 gal. today. For regular.

I miss my time in the mountains. Costs a hundreds bugs now to drive to Anthony Peak and back. Make a day of it anyway.

Still the price of gas has yet to curb the influx of tourists on the coast.

It appears people have more expendable income than they let on.

Crazy times.

Oil cost per barrel has declined for 22 days now. Regular was $4.229 when I was in North Carolina. Here it is inching down. Last week regular was $4.79

Delaware average gas prices 7/8/22
RegularDiesel
Current Avg.$4.628$5.635

I just bought a 2013 Ford Fiesta as a run around car. $400 bucks. Does very well on fuel for sure. It’s a little four banger. Base model damn thing doesn’t even have electric windows! passed smog easily. I’ll replace the timing chain and recharge the AC but that’s about all I’ll do to it
I call it my festering fiesta lol
Frans if you want to sell it, let me know. My daughter is desperately looking for an affordable work car.

An opinion piece by Fox News Staff! Is it just Tucker Carlson, or all of Fox News that used the defense of no reasonable person would consider it to be actually factual news?

I think all the big politicians are crap.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Frans if you want to sell it, let me know. My daughter is desperately looking for an affordable work car.
Sorry Terri I am gonna run this POS until the wheels fall off. It’s my new commuter car for my bus job which is across town

Stockman was involved in government back in the 70's and 80's, was one of the founders of the Blackstone Group and still makes appearances on many business/investment shows. Interesting to see how he picks apart the White House's release form the strategic reserve, and the globe's overall energy trends:

This intrigued me, and I'll be following up on some of his claims soon:

We just had a heat warning day, still hot after dark and the gas price dropped from the $2.00 range all the way through the $1.70's and the last about 20 cents quite suddenly to $1.55. Gas station lineups out onto the street, horn honking, angry folks "my turn before you". Perfect storm. Patience pays off at least somewhat.

Up here in Canada eh we have this guy Dan McTeague who's watched all the market and political factors and gives a heads up, price going to rise or fall how much and when. He's been at it for years. Price jogging back up tomorrow.

On topic our hero Taryl calls it dinosaur juice and dinosaur syrup :)

Just made it down to 4.99 today for 87 oct.. At least 1.50 - 2.00 to go far as I am concerned.
Fuel cans and 1/2 tank of fuel in the truck was probably a $250.00 stop yesterday.
10 gallons #2
5 gallons red
10 gallons 87 oct
15 gallons of 91 oct.
Just guessing.

*edit forgot 5 gallons of 91 for mix

Diesel down to 2.21 per litre ( it hit a high of 2.49) and 1.98 at the self serve...20 c fuel tax holiday ends in September.

As opposed to the squealing when it raises a few cents? Gas here is down about $1 from it's peak, which was 20¢ $1(inflation adjusted) more than the previous peak of ~2015.

edit:
oops

Back