For all my suspender wearing pardners

Tarzan

TreeHouser
Decided to post this website for anyone interested in badass suspenders. They are made by a guy I used to fall timber with for Columbia. Ken is a good guy and these suspenders are the best I have yet to have worn...and I have worn a few...been using suspenders on my riggin pants since I was 10 :)

http://betterspenders.com/

Great! I was looking at a set from Madsen's. These look good too. I have been using the alligator clip style but they slip and come off or come unlatched. I want the button style.

I like suspenders better than a belt, and I find that wearing suspenders helps me work harder with less fatigue, not having to fight with pants that fall down all day!

What style do you like best Cody? X or Y? button or alligator clip?

They sure do.
I like the way they adjust. On the ones I have, the adjustment buckle gets in the way of my shoulder pad.

Garters, I think.

But lumberjacks wear those, too.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sZa26_esLBE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great! I was looking at a set from Madsen's. These look good too. I have been using the alligator clip style but they slip and come off or come unlatched. I want the button style.

I like suspenders better than a belt, and I find that wearing suspenders helps me work harder with less fatigue, not having to fight with pants that fall down all day!

What style do you like best Cody? X or Y? button or alligator clip?

I like the y back. I have worn many pairs of the heavy duty buckle suspenders from Madsens, x back, and I like them as well...I just like giving Ken the business. Only complaint I have with the y backs is that they have a heavy leather pad that can dig into my spine a little when I am driving, but it is tolerable. I tried the y back loop spenders, and did not like them as well. I am not a big guy, and on top of that I have a short torso, so I buy the small, and shorten the leather straps that hook to my bachelor buttons. I have thought of trying the snap spenders, but just cant bring myself to abandon the old school bachelor button style, even though the bottons can dig into my back when I am working in a t-shirt, getting sweaty, in the summer. He sent me a shoulder pad with my first order, and I modded it to go between my britches, and bachelor buttons on my back side to combat the chafing I was getting from my buttons digging in there. Now if he would just make a built in smartphone holder...:)

Jerry needs a good set of suspenders. He's been known to hold up his britches with Zing-it.
:) I use throw line when a bachelor button tears out.

Whats the big deal? I have a camo set of those. Laugh all you want Ed. Makes me feel sexy with out feeling cheap.

Reminds me of a story about my mum and my sister, my sister was telling my mum about how a boyfriend had been putting her under pressure with his wandering hands. So she asked my mum for guidance.
"Just don't cheapen yourself" said mum. Following a few moments of reflection on the advice my sister asked "well how much should I be charging him then?"

They are in my neck of the woods. I quit wearing guys lines when I started residential climbing. Always slipping off my shoulders then. I still wear them when working weekends sometimes

They are in my neck of the woods. I quit wearing guys lines when I started residential climbing. Always slipping off my shoulders then. I still wear them when working weekends sometimes

I didn't like that either when I started climbing, so I would take them off when I put my saddle on, then put them back on when done climbing, but found this to be a pita. I took a leather boot lace and tied these http://www.niteize.com/product/S-Biner-Plastic.asp on each end, and hook them onto the d rings on my spenders. A few years ago I purchased these http://www.jaybirdsport.com/shop/pr...m148ZvC5y2K8NGesNqAWHz6o3RQhk51O9fRoCvl3w_wcB so that I could listen to music while working, and discovered that they work well as ear plugs while running my chipper, and smaller saws...still use ear plugs when I am running my bigger saws. After I purchased the blue buds, I found that I had no convenient way to stow them while not in use, so I took an old, fake leather cell phone case, and tied small bungee cord to it, to hang around my neck and stow the blue buds in when not in use. I ran my leather string through the back of the pouch, so that it didn't flop around, and would allow me to take my ear buds out and install them in my ears with one hand...they work awesome. I did this around the time that paul came up with the senas on climbing helmets, and was seriously considering purchasing them, but I really like my buds. Anyhow, that is how I roll for the time being...just had to figure out a way to still wear my spenders, because I hate belts, and I hate a saggy crotch when I am working :)

Here I made a video by god :)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_qJm7p9_hGs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I got a pair of those Cody. I bought them a few years ago from Bailey's.
Made from horse saddle elastic and almost too stiff just for pants but climbing in a saddle with a saw and gear hooked on their the best

Took a pic of my Better S-Penders hanging onto my spring time cutter pants.
But I have to take back what I said about the best for hanging a saw and gear loaded saddle.....last pics is my leather suspenders that work good for that.

20150408_175150.jpg SDC11430.JPG SDC11432.JPG

Back