Fishing Tournaments

So V.,

When are you guys gonna invite the Housers down for the fish fry? ...Ya can't say you don't have enough fish! :P

Just kidding, congrats to you & yours in 11th place!:)

HC

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
HC, We will be frying up some Grouper Saturday night, you are welcome to come!

Great News! Not only did we take 1st place,we also took 4th. 5000$ for 1st, 1500$ for 4th, and 3000$ in the Calcuta. The calcuta is a side bet that we took, cost us 250$ to get in. John took 1st with a 46.8lb Bull Dolphin!
We fished 10 hours and spent 1000$ on fuel :O When he caught the Bull, we were 40 miles off shore. :\:

HECK OF A DAY FISHING!

Pictures to come, but we have an awards ceremony to get to!! HA!!! I am so excited!

Wow, all that money is yours???

Nah, we fished it as a team. The first thing that happens is the Captain takes half after we cover our entry fee. We hate that rule :lol:, but it is his boat and he puts us on the fish. Then, we as the six anglers on the boat cover our expenses like the charter and the fuel, the tip for the mate and the captain. So, when it was all said and done last night, each angler got $ 500.00 bucks. That is why it is important to get in on the Calcuta side bet, because in the end, that is what we split.

So basically the boat captain is the one that wins, and the people who come along for the ride and hold the fishing poles get a tiny piece of the action?

We started the day catching some live ballyhoo on the reef for bait. Then the captain ran a LONG way, all the while looking for fish...then he spotted one. We ended up weighing 4 fish which 2 ended up in the top 5.

Attachments

• DSCN4019.JPG
    DSCN4019.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN4020.JPG
    DSCN4020.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN4059.JPG
    DSCN4059.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN4063.JPG
    DSCN4063.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN4071.JPG
    DSCN4071.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 14
Here are a few more.

Attachments

• DSCN4077.JPG
    DSCN4077.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN4079.JPG
    DSCN4079.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN4081.JPG
    DSCN4081.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN4083.JPG
    DSCN4083.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN4084.JPG
    DSCN4084.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN4093.JPG
    DSCN4093.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN4094.JPG
    DSCN4094.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 14
So basically the boat captain is the one that wins, and the people who come along for the ride and hold the fishing poles get a tiny piece of the action?

Well, I can tell you this: Without that captain, we would not have won the tournament. Part of us not winning mo money was the cost of the fuel, we spent $1000.00 on fuel, but again, without running like we did, we would not have won. We did not go out and find a weed line and troll with hopes of catching fish. We found weed lines, sighted the fish and threw to it. Then we ran until we found more weedlines or some type of structure.
It was funny as heck, we were on some schoolly dolphin and the mate looked at me (and I was having fun catching them up) and said "we got to get out of here, these fish don't mean shit to us" :lol: So, we fished the tournament with a plan, and the plan worked.

Brian, here is another way to look at it. John and I got to fish all day on a 46' Sportfish, win a tournament, take home loads of fish to share, all expenses paid and then at the end of the day...we did not have to clean the boat or clean the fish and we walked with $ 1000.00. That is better than a tiny piece of the action, I think.:what: It was a heck of a day!

I am surprised you say that, they are beautiful fish. Look at the colors on them when they are alive.

----------------

Maybe this is what Butch was talking about...

Attachments

• Ugly%20Fish.jpg
    Ugly%20Fish.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 24
There is an open application period every couple of years.

Now, for you viewing pleasure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=468dyqeY8-8

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/468dyqeY8-8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/468dyqeY8-8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Back