Fishhuntcutwood

I'll second Willie's words, Jeff...I winced hard when I read your last post. You've got yourself all set up to be disappointed and expect it to fail.

Things may not work out if you go into them expecting good things to happen...but you can just about ensure they'll go bad if that's what you expect.

I know, but it's tough boys. Twice now engaged, twice now shot down at the last minute. It'd be almost like deja vu to propose again. The first one I survived pretty well; the second one damn near killed me. I don't expect it to fail. I don't want it to. But knowing what I know, I'm approaching this one differently. I'll give it all I got, and I'm not going to sabotage anything, but let's just say if she gives me the "we need to talk..." thing, I'll stop her right there and say, "save it. I already know how it goes..."

Wish me luck.

I know that I don't know you all too well Jeff, but I honestly wish you nothing but happiness. I have have had family with similar stories and I give them nothing but love. Hope all goes well bud :)

I can remember, unless I have it confused with someone else .....I guess it was the second time, when you mentioned your impending marriage, along with some pics....then shortly after, that your girl changed her mind. That will take the wind out of anyone's sails. Hope that three's a charm, you deserve it to work out this time.

That was probably me. Back in 05 I guess it was....yeah, like two weeks to go and bam!

Thanks guys. We'll see what happens.

Just focus on having a good time together and enjoying each other's company, the other stuff takes care of itself.

Jeff, She looks like a lovely gal. As for the vulnerability thing...As you know and otrhers are reminding you, trying to "not get hurt" can lead to mistakes and injury. Be cautious. Be wise. Be determined. An attitude that says" I don't want to get hurt but if it happens I will not be destroyed" will carry you further, keep you safer and lead you to hopefully all of your goals but always to self respect.

Just focus on having a good time together and enjoying each other's company, the other stuff takes care of itself.

That's the plan so far.

Jeff, She looks like a lovely gal. As for the vulnerability thing...As you know and otrhers are reminding you, trying to "not get hurt" can lead to mistakes and injury. Be cautious. Be wise. Be determined. An attitude that says" I don't want to get hurt but if it happens I will not be destroyed" will carry you further, keep you safer and lead you to hopefully all of your goals but always to self respect.

No I won't be destroyed this time. I learned from my first anihilation how to combat that. But if it does happen again, I swear I'm done with it. I said I was done before, but I met her and it's working out so I'm letting it happen. If I get burned this time, then I'll take that as my proof that it's not meant to be, and I should listen to my instincts and save my time and money.

Don't worry guys. I'm taking it slow, and I'm not pessimistic, I'm just cautious and not tossing myself head over heels. You can't fault me for that. ;)

No, there's no fault in that, Jeff. Best wishes from all your friends here, buddy. We really are just pulling for you and Jessica find your places with each other. You have to do it your way, or it won't work either.

"My way or the highway"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VJR6NZJ17Ms&hl=ja&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VJR6NZJ17Ms&hl=ja&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back