Fishhuntcutwood

You HMFIC always have the good times!

Damn skippy! ;)

I actually wore that tag while out there. If anyone who outranked me asked, it stood for "Helicopter Maintenance/Flight Instruction Coordinator."

Attachments

• PC310056 (1).JPG
    PC310056 (1).JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 40
No one gave me any crap for the name tag...nor for my out of regs 'stache. You can get away with alot more underway. :/:

Attachments

• P2020073.JPG
    P2020073.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 40
Hey Jeff have you ever seen one of these? :lol:

Attachments

• coastgaurd.jpg
    coastgaurd.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 11
I have a friend who lives in Oregon now but he was in the Coast Guard here in the 1960's. I might have some of the details wrong because it has been 20 years or so since this was told to me but: I think they were stationed in Mare Island and they were patrolling in the Oakland Esturary, SF Bay and they came across a stranded boat with some very lovely young ladies who had intended on a day of water skiing. Well I forget all the details, but you know they ended up pulling them behind the Coast Guard boat and they had went by Treasure Island doing this. They didn't know it but the Admiral's house is on Treasure Island. They got a call on the radio telling them to return to base immediately that the CO wanted to talk to them. They figured they had had it now they would be in trouble forever. When they pulled up to the dock their CO was standing on the dock holding a folded american flag in his arms. They couldn't think of why he would be doing this but they thought this can't be a good thing. When they tied up their CO wants to talk to my friend as he was in charge of the ship and he tells him "the Admiral wanted me to tell you that he saw you going by his house and that your flag looked a little tattered. He also wanted me to tell you that he never wants to see that happen again, and to keep up the good work." My buddy said that his CO looked kind of puzzled over the whole deal, and told them to put this flag on right now and he would hold him personally responsible if their flag had so much as a spot on it ever again.

Yeah, that picture has been making the rounds since I've been in. The caption usually reads to the effect of "the Coast Guard has been hit hard by budget cuts...." I don't know who made it, but if he'd sold it he'd be a rich man. :lol:

Ah thanks G, now you've jinxed me! :O

Nah, it's been four months, so I reckon I can share some details. I've been tight lipped because well....good things go bad often enough....well nevermind.

Her name is Jessica and we met at the gym. She's smart and funny and cool and all those things. She's built like a brick shithouse, and that's a compliment! She caught my attention at the gym because she was lifting so much weight and being "serious" about it and not just hanging out on the treadmill talking on her cell phone. She reads my bodybuilding magazines, and we shop at GNC together. She's a couple of months away from her MBA, so she's got a brain too, which is cool. She's never caught a fish, so we'll have to rememdy that this summer, but that will come. So far no psycho tendencies, so that's a bonus! :lol:

This is her at the boat show in the $400,000 power boat she wants. (She likes power boats, but I'm hoping my 20' Ranger will tide her over this summer on the lake.)

Attachments

• P2150029.JPG
    P2150029.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 48
Or is that sweet thang supposed to tide YOU over the summer out on the lake ;)

Well, she's consented to laying out suntanning on the boat while I fish, so if I can "spend" time with her and get my fishing in, I'll be tided over enough. Everything else is gravy. ;)

Sounds like a keeper, I hope you find much happiness together.

Back