Fishhuntcutwood

Let us know when you name your boat the, "Jessica". We'll know that things are moving along in the right direction for you.

Nice bright face, way to go, Jeff.

Foxy lady ;)

Speaking of fishing though .I imagine it's about the time for the smelt to run .You can't catch them on a hook though .

No kiddin' GMan. I don't hang out with ugly chicks!

Thanks y'all. She's a good'n, and she appreciates that I treat her right. You'd be surprised the women that don't give a damn that you try to make them happy.

I'd say one of things that fist attracted me to her, other than the gym, was as we got going in our relationship she asked me, "you're not all clingy and wanting to hang out ALL the time are you? I like spending time with you, but I don't want to be joined at the hip." I said......"sounds good to me!" I like that she can come over to my house and we'll watch a movie or have dinner, and then I'll go out in the garage and work on the boat or tie flies, and she'll do homework or catch up on her monthly reportst at work or whatever.

I can say though that she's my first girlfriend that I don't have to worry about in a social setting. Every other girl, I've had to kinda watch and make sure she "fit in" with my friends or family. With Jessica, I can turn her loose in room full of my friends and she'll manage just fine on her own. Wow, is this what it's like to date a decent lady?

Thanks guys. I just hope I'm not eating my words in a few months. I've been happy before and had it crash into the side of a mountain. But thanks for the well-wishes, and I'll treat her right and see where it goes.

It's cool having the TH family root me on.

Jeff, all you can do is your best to do right by her, and try hard to trust she'll do the same for you. Then be willing to allow enough time for the two of you to settle into full understanding of each other. Don't worry that it takes time...you can't hurry really good things.

Keeping a relationship solid for the long haul is not always flying in clean air, but oh man is it worth negotiating the bumps when you get to the place where you both know the most important thing is taking care of your opposite number.

Sounds like you have a solid basis to start from, my friend. Very best wishes with it.

That's good advice, Burnham, in twenty five years or so, they might learn to really appreciate each other. Humans can be slow on the uptake. :roll:

I've been down this road before. If I was moving any slower, I'd be in reverse.

Nah I know. Things have gone great for me before, and ended up in a ball of fire. So it's kindof a weird spot right now. I'm waiting for it to fall apart and get back to hating women. We'll see how long she hangs around. Hopefully it's for a while.

Unfortunatly, that attitude has got to go if you want a lasting relationship. It's hard to let yourself be vunerable, but it seems to be an unwritten law in my experience

Back