Attachments

• P9200070.JPG
    P9200070.JPG
    233.8 KB · Views: 13
  • P9200069.JPG
    P9200069.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was thinking it was explained that some bore cut were made crisscrossing each other and the log burned from the inside out. I can't remember who or when it was posted.

thats what I posted. make a series of cuts from top to near bottom, stuff a gas infuzed hunk of paper or what have you down the center and light it.
I ended up making that one and giving it to my helper, he burned it this summer when he went camping and said it worked fine.

I think it was the Brits that showed it here first, from an outdoor jobsite they were cooking lunch up on one.

two more pics I found on my hard drive, these arent ones I made.

Attachments

• 30072006213.jpg
    30072006213.jpg
    523.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 29072006210.jpg
    29072006210.jpg
    417.4 KB · Views: 13
I believe NoBivy posted what he's talking about. Like what Pauly showed, but with plunge cuts and a connected top maybe?

plunge cut it then.....plunge the opposite. The log will burn longer before falling apart. Very nice Paul........whats' cookin?
.....oh yeah, bigger log is much better...

;)

"two more pics I found on my hard drive, these arent ones I made."

nor did I use them. maybe this winter. I havent killed a tree in a while, will have to keep my eyes open for that kind of work. :)

try stuffing a cotton ball soaked with gas in the center, then use a bbq lighter. :)
2%5Cfxlighters%5Cimg%5C200783083311.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It worked good. I cut like paul showed. Gas, rag and match and presto fire for 4 hours. One log 16 in diameter about 3 foot long. Pine at that. I am going to try the bivy style tomorrow.

For halloween i'm attempt to carve a face and get it lit up in a big piece of oak I just cut. Should be interesting.

Or, do it the natural way...this was the first one I ever did...it was slightly hollow with a very small hole at top where I had cut it (about quarter sized)...hollow at bottom was about 5-6 inches. There was a natural opening at the bottom on the side where I could feed small pieces of wood.

The log on the left is the firelog. I am feeding small pieces of fat lightard into it (heavily resin-ed pine) and the resulting flames are pretty impressive.

<embed id="VideoPlayback" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-7259878472967648058&hl=en&fs=true" style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>

moon's been shining here awhile and how i missed out on, this trick of all tricks, i'll never know. too cool

Back