Fire Extinguisher

I'll get a pic when my bucket's back and you'll see what I mean. It won't just sit there you have to mount the bracket tucked up nice and tight. You don't want a unsecured extinguisher in the cab of your truck.

Unsecured fire extinguisher warning:

A friend of mine rolled a skidder and he was belted in he woulda been fine but the unsecured fire extinguisher tucked behind the seat hit him in the head and killed him. Keep items in the cab secured espescially the unforgiving ones, anything can happen.

Geeze, glad eveything went OK.

There was a cab over burnt to a crisp on the highway this morning. I'll admit, I dont have 1-this weeks priority.

Thanks.

paul, you think some one will steal it out of the bed? the chip truck is the only one in the cab of the 4 i have. the rest are accessible by anyone

My truck had a holder mounted next to the driver's door. Altec gave me a new extinguisher with the truck and it's been in the holder since I got it. If somebody wants it bad enough to steal it, they can have it.

People used to steal them from the islands at my old gas station occasionally. Of course people used to steal basically anything and everything there.:lol:

SOTC, I keep my 8' ladder and 5 gallon mix fuel jug locked to the headache rack, I wouldnt expect an unlocked fire extinguisher to last very long :( too many punks in the world.

I have fire extinguisher story. My Dad and I used to have cattle in the hills and about this time of year we would spray them for flies and ticks and stuff. Just get them in the corral and go in there with a spray nozzle and a hose. We had a tractor with a 100 gal 3 pt. sprayer and my Dad was pulling it up with his about 1982 chevy pickup. There was a really steep hill just before our corrals and this got his automatic transmission hot and it spewed out oil from the dipstick tube onto the exhaust manifold and caught on fire. We just looked over at the pickup and the grass was burning under it, I hopped in and tried to move it, but it had already burnt some of the ignition system and it started but didn't have enough power to move itself. I had just bought a small extinguisher at the hardware store about a week earlier. So we are all running around (like a chinese fire drill) and I went and got my new extinguisher out of my pickup we popped the hood and I gave it a squirt and the fire went down and then came up again and I did this two more times and the fire stayed out. I was going to put the rest of what was in the extinguisher on the smoldering motor just for good measure and it gave one little weak gasp. Those little extinguishers have 3 short squirts and that is it. I went the next day and bought a bigger one and haven't used one since.

My truck had a holder mounted next to the driver's door. Altec gave me a new extinguisher with the truck and it's been in the holder since I got it. If somebody wants it bad enough to steal it, they can have it.
you can buy, or build, a nice box for the ext to fit in. thats lockable. no need to lock till go into house, or whatever you decide. keeps prying hands away-----

Back