Final ground level cut on stump video?

I just don't get it. Murph's way is way over kill. This is all you have to do. Cut the face then the back. over she goes.
Not that i some kind of export. as you can see from my pic's. I forgot my wage and had to use some bark to keep it from pinching the bar. and a light push over she go's. All i can say is K.I.S.S and one dose not need a skid loader to pull things over.

Attachments

• DSC_0112.jpg
    DSC_0112.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_0121.jpg
    DSC_0121.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_0122.jpg
    DSC_0122.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_0124.jpg
    DSC_0124.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 119
I've said it before, and I'll say it again for this guy. There is nothing so perfectly round as the wheel. When you try to reinvent the wheel, at best, most come up with a square. Someone really good might come up with an octagon. This guy couldn't come up with a triangle. Murph, stop before you kill someone, please.

[...] By all means use a skidsteer, or any vehicle, but it should only be for the initial, dare I say 'gentle' pull to commit the trunk...not a honkin' haul ass, 'don't break the rope' all or nothing yank!
'Finesse' is not out of place in tree work.

Here here, well said.

Finesse is right.

I tie a line to almost every spar, it helps you not feel like an ass when a 15' trunk just mocks your "wages."

It also feels really cool to pull a 40" tree over, against it's lean, with a Maasdam and a 1" hinge. Newbs can't believe it.

I have a feeling that finesse is a concept with which Daniel is unfamiliar... or at least he is much more familiar with brute force. I'm not against brute force, it's fun sometimes. But I actually LIKE trees and even though this will nauseate some of you, I think trees have a measure of dignity and and I don't just go slay them willy nilly... I put them down, preferably allowing them to keep their dignity all the way. It's not some spiritual thing, I just don't trash trees like they have no value... I think it's disrespectful.

I can see using a snap cut with a hinge sometimes... but not to save my lazy ass from doing a tiny little bit of extra work. I'm thinking Daniel could stand to haul MORE rounds rather than less.

Ok I'll bite ... what is with Murphy any way ... is he trying to get into video production and education or what. I've seen a few of his videos ... some ok and some ???. I did notice that he shot a video pointing out Willards T-square trick and stick trick in the same video so was wondering if he is just taking what he is seeing here and producing it. I won't go out and condemn the guy ... he runs a decent business from what I hear and has been around on AS for a fair stretch of time.

Dan'l is just practicing to be a commentater in the production of informational type stuff like "Wild Kingdom " ice road truckers or Axe Men . As such a certain amount of sensationalism is neccessary to keep the interest level high . Evidently it must be working for him .

Now think about it. If they can show things like American Pickers ,Pawn shop operaters ,fishing shows ,golf for heavens sakes ,then why not sawing down a tree .You just never know old Dan might end up being a billionaire over such nonsense .

If it works for him I've thought of a theme myself --lifes and times of a junk collector ---:|:

I feel pretty confident Daniel will achieve a measure of fame... or infame. Self promotion works, lots of businesses rely on it. I'm not very good at it but I tried. You don't make it in advertising photography without it... hence, treework. :what:

I like trees better than studios so it worked out.

Fame and Infame are the same thing, just a matter of perspective. Getting attention is what I mean.

Guys like Daniel become Presidents folks! The calm, busy, peaceful, true, leaders of the world do not seek fame.

Yeah Darin... that was a little below the belt don't you think?:P

Well now with regard to Gene Simmons I do believe were he to wear a belt it must be below his arm pits as I suppose it gave him that soprano voice .Tiptoe through the tulips kind of guy,ya know .

Back