Fighting The Heat!!!

I'd have to see one in person, but maybe it's possible to stitch velcro pads to the vest, then cut panels off a mesh safety vest to stick to it with velcro pads sewn on. Benefit is it makes it easier to clean, and the high vis part is replaceable. The bright color doesn't last long in daily use, so you'd have to eventually double up anyway.

edit:
Slightly more destructive, but much easier would be punching hole pairs at a sufficient interval around the vest, setting eyelets, and just tying mesh panels to it with paracord. The holes would only have to be punched once, and the rest is easy.

Last edited:
I think the velcro is the way to go, probably. There are some types that are backed with peel and stick self-adhesive, which might work without having to do any sewing.

How’s that evaporative vest working for you @lxskllr ?
Ya know, I haven't been bringing it, but I did today. I haven't thought to get it out til now. I woke up last night, read your post, but was too tired to respond. That put the vest in mind though, so wet it down, bagged it, and put it in my cooler this morning. If I go back to the job I was on yesterday, I don't think it'll work. I was down in a creek valley, and humidity just hangs down there. The leather stuff on my pants was still wet when I put them on this morning( D^: ), but if I go somewhere else, I'll give it a shot.

Back