The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

Fast growing shade trees that are car and people friendly

Mick!

TreeHouser
I wonder how many trees I’ve taken out, far too big, where the planter (many years ago) thought “I won’t let it get too big”

Keeps the bank happy I guess.

stig

Patron saint of bore-cutters
When clients tell me that the tree all of a sudden got too big for where they had planted it, I tell them, that if trees had a "stand by" or "snooze" button, I'd be out of work.

kevin bingham

TreeHouser
Hackberries are my go to. Underplanted, fast growing, wildlife and birds love them. Nothing gets to them so far. Descent structure and strength. Black gum is a good one too. But not as fast growing

frans

TreeHouser
Sad thing is, almost every homeowner consulted an 'expert'. Nursery, landscape designer, landscape contractor, etc.
THEY are the problem, not the arborist! Sad because many of them have a degree.

Nutball

TreeHouser
I thought about hackberry, but they are on the slow side, and I hate them, and I've known some to be randomly sappy.

Maybe I'll plant whatever this is

rotator tree.jpg

SeanKroll

Treehouser
Sitka spruce. Might give your mower some issues, here and there, with surface roots, though, in case you missed that. ;)

frans

TreeHouser
Allyanthus, tree of hell. Excellent revenue enhancement for a tree service!

Nutball

TreeHouser
I've found hardiness to have more to do with what temps kill the root. Like some plantain varieties are supposedly hardy to around -10 I think, but would never reach maturity around here as they freeze back to the ground most winters.

Jonny

Treehouser
I always thought they were beautiful. They do better than most hardwoods in ice storms and high wind around here.

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!